- DescriptionThese Southern favorites come washed, chopped, and ready to star in your next soul food dish. Their mild, earthy taste is unmistakably delicious and pairs beautifully with the powerhouse flavors of smoked meat and hot peppers. Like all chard varieties, collard greens are an excellent source of vitamin C and the antioxidant beta carotene (a pre-cursor for vitamin A) as well as a good source of potassium and magnesium.
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
Chopped Collard Greens
- Red Onion, Large$1.49/lb
- Organic Red Beefsteak Tomato$3.99/lb
- Jumbo Yellow Onion$1.19/lb
12%Organic Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz
- Shallotsapprox. 1lb bag$2.99/ea
10%Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Mixed Cherry Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$4.49/ea
- Yellow Onions, Bagapprox. 2lb$1.99/ea
25%New JerseyLocal Beefsteak Tomatoes$2.99/lb
- Vidalia Onion$1.49/lb
- Field & FarmPlum Tomatoesapprox. 24oz$3.49/ea