- DescriptionOrange-colored with a spicy flavor, turmeric is a yellow ginger that is a staple in Southeast Asian and Indian Cuisines. Peel and grate or finely chop and add to rice, curries, fresh juices or steep for hot tea.
- More Information
Rhubarb should last for about 4 days in the refrigerator's crisper. Keep it tightly wrapped in plastic. If you want to store it long term, wash, cut into the desired length, and place in an airtight container. It will keep in the freezer for about 9 months.
Fennel will keep for about 5 days if you store it in a plastic bag in the refrigerator crisper. Unless using fennel within a couple of days, trim off the stems and store them separately so they don't leach moisture from the bulb.
This squash should keep for up to 4 weeks when stored in a plastic bag in your refrigerator's vegetable drawer.
These fruits should keep for at least 2 weeks, and up to a month, when stored in a paper bag in your refrigerator's vegetable drawer. If you plan to use them within a couple of days, they will be fine on the countertop.
To store okra, wrap it in a paper towel and tuck inside a paper bag, then place in the least cool section of the refrigerator. Try to use it soon after purchase, as okra is quite perishable. It should keep for 3 or 4 days.
- Explanatory Information
Like That? You'll Love This.
- BrodoBone Broth, Signature Hearth (Beef, Chicken, Turkey), Frozen30oz$18.99/ea($10.13/lb)
- Kabocha Squash$1.49/lb
- Driscoll'sOrganic Blackberriesapprox. 6oz$4.99/ea
19%Organic Ginger Rootapprox. 6oz$2.49/ea2 for $4
- MonfefoOrganic Turmeric Shot, Plastic Bottle1.7fl oz$3.99/ea($37.55/pt)
- Loose Organic Beets$1.99/lb
- Organic Lemons5-7ct, approx. 2lb bag$7.99/ea
- Organic Bananas5-7ct$2.39/bnc
- Simply OrganicTurmeric2.38oz$4.99/ea($2.10/oz)
- Organic Blueberriesapprox. 6oz$6.49/ea
- Jalapeño Pepperapprox. 1oz$0.25/ea
10%Driscoll'sOrganic Raspberriesapprox. 6oz$4.99/ea2 for $9