Due to its frilly frond–like growths resembling the fluffed feathers of a chicken, the intriguing maitake mushroom is affectionately known by fungi aficionados as the "hen of the woods." It's most commonly found growing wild in the Northeast and Mid–Atlantic states, particularly favoring the base of oak trees where a single bloom can grow to weigh anywhere between 5–100 pounds. Boasting a deeply rich umami flavor, maitake is great grilled, roasted, or sautéed with oil, salt, and pepper, and is done when crisp around the edges but tender and meaty inside. We love it on pizza or in pasta dishes.
Meadows and More Jumbo Organic Maitake Mushroom
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Mushroom KingOrganic Heirloom Baby Shiitake Mushroomsapprox. 4oz$4.99/ea
12%Ark FoodsGreen Shishito Peppersapprox. 3oz$3.99/ea2 for $7
22%Organic Cara Cara Orange$2.59/eaAny 3 Organic Citrus for $6
- Mushroom KingOrganic Heirloom Brown Beech Mushroomsapprox. 3.5oz$5.99/ea
- Cal-OrganicOrganic Rainbow Carrotsbunch$2.99/ea
- Jonathan's SproutsOrganic Pea Shootsapprox. 4oz$4.49/ea
23%Organic Blueberriesapprox. 6oz$6.49/ea2 for $10
10%Mushroom KingOrganic Heirloom Sliced Shiitake Mushroomsapprox. 4oz$4.99/eaAny 2 Organic Mushrooms for $9
- Mushroom KingOrganic Heirloom Asian Blendapprox. 8oz$7.99/ea
- Organic Bananas5-7ct$2.39/bnc
- Mushroom KingOrganic Heirloom King Trumpet Mushroomsapprox. 3.5oz$5.99/ea
- Avocados from MexicoOrganic Hass Avocados5ct$8.99/ea