- DescriptionKale's robust, crinkled leaves add a garden-fresh, lightly bitter taste which helps lighten hearty soups and stews. It needs quite a bit of cooking time, so don't be shy about adding it to the pot early. Kale is very high in vitamin C and calcium. Our favorite way to eat this ultra-healthy vegetable is in a white bean soup.Claims
- More Information
LEAFY GREENSStoring Spinach, Swiss Chard, and Collard, Dandelion, and Turnip Greens
These greens retain their crispness if kept in the coolest part of the fridge for up to 4 days. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Kale is tastiest if eaten soon after purchase, but it should keep in the refrigerator for up to a week if stored in a perforated plastic bag with its leaves close together.
Storing Chicory and Escarole
These greens retain their crispness for up to a week if kept in the coolest part of the fridge. Wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
Place unwashed Brussels sprouts in a paper bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator, where they should keep for 3 to 4 days.
Storing Kohlrabi Greens
These greens are very perishable, so wrap in damp paper towels and store unwashed in a perforated plastic bag in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator. They should keep for a couple of days.
Hepworth Farms Local Organic Red Curly Kale
- Yellow Onions, Bagapprox. 2lb$1.99/ea
newTomatoes on the Vine$1.99/lb
- Lancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Red Onions, Medium$2.29/lb
6%Hepworth FarmsLocal Organic Cherry Tomatoesapprox. 12oz
- Organic Garlic$4.99/lb
17%Jumbo Yellow Onion$0.99/lb
- Organic Grape Tomatoesapprox. 12oz$3.99/ea
newLancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Sweet Onions$2.29/lb
12%Backyard FarmsCocktail Tomatoesapprox. 10oz$3.99/eaAny 2 Cocktail Tomatoes for $7
newLancaster Farm Fresh CooperativeLocal Organic Shallots$6.99/lb
- Organic Tomatoes on the Vine$3.99/lb