DescriptionWith its irresistibly buttery flavor, the Hass sets the avocado standard. It also wins the popularity contest, making up 75% of the American crop. A luscious slice of Hass avocado really pumps up the taste of burritos, burgers, salads, and sushi rolls.Claims
Plan ahead! Our avocados arrive firm. They'll ripen in 3-5 days at room temperature—just like a banana—or speed up the process by storing them in a paper bag. To slow ripening, store in the fridge. When your avocados yield to gentle pressure, they're ready.
Firm avocados will ripen on your counter in 4 to 7 days. They'll yield to gentle squeezing when they are ready to eat. To speed ripening, place firm avocados in a paper bag and store at room temperature for 2 to 4 days.
Storing Ripe Avocados
A ripe avocado gives slightly when gently squeezed. The freshness of a ripe avocado can be preserved by storing it in the refrigerator, where it should keep for up to 5 days.
Storing Cut Avocados
To keep sliced avocado from turning brown, wrap tightly in plastic. A squirt of lemon or lime juice rubbed onto the exposed flesh before you wrap it helps too.
Organic Hass Avocados
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Handsome Brook FarmOrganic Pasture-Raised Grade A Large Brown Eggs1 dozen$6.99/ea($0.58/ct)
16%Organic Ginger Rootapprox. 6oz$2.99/ea2 for $5
27%Driscoll'sOrganic Raspberriesapprox. 6oz$5.49/ea2 for $8
16%Driscoll'sOrganic Blackberriesapprox. 6oz$5.99/ea2 for $10
- Organic Lemons$1.29/ea
- Just FreshDirectLocal Organic Extra Large Brown Eggs1 dozen$4.29/ea($0.36/ct)
- Equal ExchangeFair Trade Organic Bananas5ct$2.69/ea
- Organic Greenhouse Cucumberapprox. 12oz$3.99/ea
- Just FreshDirectOrganic Cage-Free Pasture-Raised Grade A Large Eggs1 dozen$5.99/ea($0.50/ct)
- Organic Rainbow Pepper Packapprox. 1.3lb$7.99/ea
16%Organic Blueberriesapprox. 6oz$5.99/ea2 for $10
- Organic Honeycrisp Applesapprox. 3lb bag$8.99/eaabout $3.00/lb