- DescriptionOur farm has been growing the best shiitake in the US since 2001. We have combined traditional cultivating techniques from China, Japan, and South Korea with modern sustainable technologies to bring you the best mushrooms with minimal impact on the environment.
Our shiitake mushrooms are harvested when their flavor and nutritional value are at their peak. We harvest them before the cap flattens out and starts releasing its spores so that it retains its nutritional value. This quality of mushrooms is usually reserved for the medicinal market as they have anti-carcinogenic properties but we are following the lead of the markets in Asia and bringing these top quality mushrooms to the consumer.
The inedible stems of the extra larger shiitake caps have been removed for the customer convenience. The extra large shiitake cap is great for the 3 Michelin star chef who will carve intricate designs into it for a stunning sushi display or for the more adventurous foodie that wants a little more flavor in their mushroom burger. (from Mushroom King)
Mushroom King Organic Heirloom Extra Large Shiitake Mushroom Caps
- Red Onionsapprox. 2lbs$2.49/ea
- Rosemaryapprox. 2oz$1.99/ea
- Mama FrancescaGrated Premium Cheese — Parmesan, Pecorino Romano and Asiago5oz$4.19/ea($13.52/lb)
- ColavitaPremium Italian Extra-Virgin Olive Oil25.5fl oz$16.99/ea($10.66/pt)
- Jumbo Yellow Onion$1.19/lb
- Parmigiano-Reggiano DOP, Aged 2 Years0.25lb | $20.99/lb$5.25
- MoniniOilBios Organic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil17fl oz$16.99/ea($16.03/pt)
- Vidalia Onion$1.49/lb
- Sageapprox. 2oz$2.49/ea
- Mama FrancescaGrated Parmesan Cheese5oz$4.19/ea($13.52/lb)
- Bel AriaExtra-Virgin Olive Oil34fl oz$10.99/ea($5.16/pt)