The same irresistible buttery flavor in an adorable, pint-sized version, baby avocados may be small, but they pack the same big taste as regular sized ones. Perfect for the times when you just don't need a whole avocado, now you can top off salads, burritos, burgers, and sandwiches with just the right amount of creamy, green goodness.
Firm avocados will ripen on your counter in 4 to 7 days. They'll yield to gentle squeezing when they are ready to eat. To speed ripening, place firm avocados in a paper bag and store at room temperature for 2 to 4 days.
Storing Ripe Avocados
A ripe avocado gives slightly when gently squeezed. The freshness of a ripe avocado can be preserved by storing it in the refrigerator, where it should keep for up to 5 days.
Storing Cut Avocados
To keep sliced avocado from turning brown, wrap tightly in plastic. A squirt of lemon or lime juice rubbed onto the exposed flesh before you wrap it helps too.
Like That? You'll Love This.
11%Pencil Asparagusapprox. 1lb$4.49/ea2 for $8
- Just FreshDirectLocal Organic Large Brown Eggs1 dozen$3.99/ea($0.33/ct)
- Just FreshDirectLocal Organic Whole Milk, Carton1/2 gallon$3.99/ea($1.00/pt)
12%Mini Seedless Cucumber Packapprox. 16oz$3.99/ea2 for $7
25%Clementines15-20ct, approx. 3lb bag$6.99/ea
$7.992 for $12
24%Yellow Onions, Bagapprox. 2lb$1.99/ea2 for $3
- Just FreshDirectLocal Organic Extra Large Brown Eggs1 dozen$4.29/ea($0.36/ct)
24%Garlic3ct, approx. 3.2oz$1.99/ea2 for $3
- SnapDragon Applesapprox. 2lb bag$3.99/eaabout $2.00/lb
- SabraHummus Singles, Classic, Case16ct, 2oz ea$9.99/ea($5.00/lb)
- Yellow Bananas5-7ct$1.89/ea
- Alderfer EggsCage-Free Grade A Large Brown Eggs1 dozen$3.49/ea($0.29/ct)