Produced by Boekenhoouskloof, a historic South Africa winery founded in 1754, The Wolftrap is an aromatic, spicy red blend of syrah, mourvedre and touch of viognier. The name is a tribute to the pioneers who in the early days of the Cape erected a wolf trap at Boekenhoouskloof. To date, no wolf either real or mystical has been seen in the valley.
Grapes from selected vineyards in the Swartland were used for this blend. Low yields, small berries, intense colour and spicy flavours contribute to a harmonious blend. Fermented in stainless steel and aged in French oak prior to blending and bottling. Assorted black-fruit, violets and a hint of oak lends to a smooth savory palate with a peppery finish. Soft tannins with lingering flavors makes for easy drinking. (from the vintner)
- Alcohol Information
CountrySouth AfricaRegion/StateWestern CapeTypeRedVarietalSyrah/Shiraz, Monastrell/MourvèdreVintage2016Alcohol14%Grape50% Syrah, 48% Mourvèdre, 2% Viognier
Boekenhoutskloof The Wolftrap
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsAstica Malbec750ml$7.99/ea($10.65/l)
- wine&spiritsBartenura Rosso Toscano IGT750ml$8.99/ea($11.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBolla Valpolicella DOC750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)
- wine&spiritsVidigal Reserva Vinho Tinto750ml$8.99/ea($11.99/l)
- wine&spiritsGato Negro Malbec750ml$6.99/ea($9.32/l)
- wine&spiritsCantaluna Carmenère750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)
- wine&spiritsFinca Flichman Misterio Malbec750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)