One of the common Greek whites reaching the states is Moschofilero — we chose Skourous for its classic traits and prime vineyards on the sandy soils of Peloponnese. Moschofilero (MOHS-koh-FEE-leh-roh) is just as fun to drink as it is to say three times fast. A blast of tropical papaya, melon, and pineapple with plenty of floral aromatics are followed by a bracing and zesty palate. Pair this with pan-seared sea scallops with fresh fava beans and you'll be as crazy about this wine as we are. Don't forget how to pronounce it — you'll need to know when bragging to friends.
- Alcohol Information
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsCasa de la Vega Rueda Verdejo750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsOuro Verde Vinho Verde750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)
- wine&spiritsDomane Wachau Grüner Veltliner Terrassen Federspiel750ml$17.99/ea($23.99/l)
- wine&spiritsSan Matteo Gavi DOCG750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBodegas Finca Luzon Verde750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsOrnezon Picpoul de Pinet750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsMulderbosch Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsFeudi di San Gregorio Falanghina DOC750ml$17.99/ea($23.99/l)
- wine&spiritsCastro Martin Rías Baixas Albariño 'Sobre Lias'750ml$20.99/ea($27.99/l)