Made primarily from the red grape Pinot Noir, Schramsberg Blanc de Noirs is a complex, medium-bodied, brut sparkling wine.
It displays concentrated aromas of red apple, apricot and orange marmalade, which are complemented with tropical notes of guava, mango & passion fruit. The fruitful nose is completed with essences of candied ginger and Meyer lemon tart. Flavors of orange, cherry and raspberry are present, followed by nuances of peach-berry cobbler. The wine enters crisp and lingers on the palate, finishing with a balanced and mouthwatering acidity.
The youthful fruit character of the wine will caramelize and soften with additional age in the bottle. With proper storage, this sparkling wine will be delicious for many years, even a couple of decades to come.
Schramsberg Blanc de Noirs is particularly well-suited to serve with a variety of foods, including soft and nutty cheeses, macadamia nut-crusted halibut, and pork tenderloin with fresh rosemary and lemon thyme. (from the vintner)
CountryU.S.A.Region/StateCaliforniaSub-RegionNorth CoastTypeSparkling, RoséVarietalPinot NoirVintage2014Alcohol13.2%Grape90% Pinot Noir, 10% Chardonnay
Schramsberg Blanc de Noirs Brut
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsDomaine Jean de Bosmel Chablis 1er Cru Vaulignot750ml$34.99/ea($46.65/l)
- wine&spiritsRoederer Estate Anderson Valley Brut750ml$26.99/ea($35.99/l)
- wine&spiritsFeudi di San Gregorio Falanghina DOC750ml$17.99/ea($23.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBastianich Friulano DOC750ml$22.99/ea($30.65/l)
- wine&spiritsDomaine Coillot Pere and Fils Bourgogne Pinot Noir750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLouis Régnier Champagne Brut Réserve750ml$34.99/ea($46.65/l)