Eighty miles east of New York City on the North Fork of Long Island, Bedell Cellars is surrounded by the pristine waters of Peconic Bay. With vines planted in 1980, Bedell has been owned since 2000 by Michael Lynne, a film executive and art collector. His commitment to producing world-class wines from the Long Island winegrowing region is evident in each bottle.
Made from hand harvested, sustainably farmed fruit, this well balanced wine displays flavorful fruitiness. Aromas of dark berries, violets, honeysuckle envelop flavors of wild beach plums, anise and black truffles in a medium body.
Jay McInerney of The Wall Street Journal said 'Anybody who thinks they dont like Merlot should try this one, fleshy but not flabby, this [is a] complex, aromatic, medium-bodied red.'
(from the vintner)
CountryU.S.A.Region/StateNew YorkSub-RegionLI/North ForkTypeRed, LocalVarietalMerlotVintage2016Alcohol13%GrapeMerlot
Bedell Cellars Merlot
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsJim Barry Lodge Hill Shiraz750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsPaumanok Sauvignon Blanc750ml$24.99/ea($33.32/l)
- wine&spiritsMontinore Pinot Noir Willamette750ml$24.99/ea($33.32/l)
- wine&spiritsBodegas Muga Rioja Reserva750ml$30.99/ea($41.32/l)
- wine&spiritsDomaine Roger Perrin Châteauneuf-du-Pape "Les Galets de la Berthaude"750ml$33.99/ea($45.32/l)
- wine&spiritsCondado de Haza Ribera Del Duero750ml$25.99/ea($34.65/l)
- wine&spiritsShinn Estate Vineyards Red Table Wine750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
- wine&spiritsAllegrini Palazzo della Torre IGT750ml$25.99/ea($34.65/l)
- wine&spiritsLandon Cabernet Sauvignon Santa Ynez Valley750ml$17.99/ea($23.99/l)
20%Inverness Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley750ml$22.49/ea
$24.992 for $40($29.99/l)
- wine&spiritsChateau Moulin de la Roquille Côtes de Bordeaux Cuvée L'esperance750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsSmith & Hook Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$23.99/ea($31.99/l)