The acquisition of Los Vascos by Les Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) in 1988 was the result of a careful search among more than a hundred Chilean wines for one that could meet the Rothschild criteria for excellence.
Los Vascos is located in Valley de Caneten (Colchagua), a closed valley in the central zone of Chile, approximately twenty five miles from the sea. The valley provides a perfect microclimate for high quality viticulture, with Northern exposure to lands uncontaminated by airborne or water-borne pollutants.
Los Vacos Cabernet Sauvignon boasts a beautiful ruby color. The nose opens with intense notes of fresh red fruit — cherries and strawberries, lightly underscored with aromas of thyme, bay and mint. It has superb volume on the palate, with soft, yet well-defined tannins — a wine with a fine balance of fruit. (from the vintner)
CountryChileRegion/StateColchagua ValleyTypeRedVarietalCabernet SauvignonVintage2017Alcohol13.5%GrapeCabernet Sauvignon
Los Vascos Cabernet Sauvignon
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsSaget La Petite Perriere Sauvignon Blanc750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsConcha y Toro Casillero del Diablo Malbec750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBolla Valpolicella DOC750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsConcha y Toro Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsAlamos Malbec750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsBoekenhoutskloof The Wolftrap750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLos Vascos Grande Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsBeringer Founder's Estate Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsAltos Las Hormigas Malbec750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsCantaluna Carmenère750ml$10.99/ea($14.65/l)
- wine&spiritsBernard Chamfort Côtes du Rhône750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsPenfolds Koonunga Hills Shiraz-Cabernet750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)