Allegrini Valpolicella is ruby red in color with purplish-blue highlights. The nose exhibits fragrant fruit with prominent notes of cherries. This is echoed by fresher hints of pepper and aromatic herbs, typical of Corvina and Corvinone, the historic varietals of this appellation. Whilst young, it is impressively lively and playful on the palate; whereas two years on it expresses greater delicacy and finesse.
This light, dry red wine is the perfect accompaniment to Italian antipasti, soups, pasta dishes and other dishes typical of Mediterranean cuisine. It also pairs well with roasted and grilled white meats and is an ideal summer red to drink with fish dishes. Open the bottle shortly before drinking. (from the vintner)
CountryItalyRegion/StateVenetoSub-RegionValpolicellaTypeRedVarietalCorvina, RondinellaVintage2016Alcohol13%Grape65% Corvina, 30% Rondinella, 5% Molinara
Allegrini Valpolicella DOC
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsLeda Truffle Hunter Barbera d'Asti DOCG750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsPine Ridge Chenin Blanc + Viognier750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsMarqués de Cáceres Rioja Crianza750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)
- wine&spiritsEvan WilliamsSingle Barrel Vintage Bourbon Whiskey750ml$31.99/ea($42.65/l)
- wine&spiritsAntica Cappella Rosso Toscana IGT750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Aurora Dolcetto D'Alba750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLayer Cake Primitivo IGT750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
- wine&spiritsBarone Cornacchia Montepulciano d' Abruzzo DOC750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
- wine&spiritsDomaine Coillot Pere and Fils Bourgogne Pinot Noir750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsGrifone Sangiovese di Romagna Riserva DOC750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsIjalba Rioja Crianza750ml$17.99/ea($23.99/l)