The Lodge Hill Shiraz vineyard, on the Clare Valley's eastern ranges, has soils of rich, chocolaty loam over almost vertical sheets of rock. The cracks between the rock have filled with soil, providing passage for the vine roots and free drainage — the ideal environment for low-yielding shiraz vines.
Jim Barry Lodge Hill Shiraz has a deep black colour with a magenta hue. Aromatically it offers vibrant notes of blueberry and dark cherry. A juicy, fleshy palate is supported by ripe cherry and blackberry fruit. This is delicately built, with fine, lingering tannins wrapped up in integrated, well-seasoned oak. This wine is ideally suited to good food, good friends and good conversation. (from the vintner)
- Alcohol Information
CountryAustraliaRegion/StateSouth AustraliaSub-RegionClare ValleyTypeRedVarietalSyrah/ShirazVintage2016Alcohol14.5%GrapeSyrah
Jim Barry Lodge Hill Shiraz
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsGoose Bay Sauvignon Blanc750ml$21.99/ea($29.32/l)
- wine&spiritsBedell Cellars Merlot750ml$23.99/ea($31.99/l)
- wine&spiritsPenfolds Koonunga Hills Shiraz-Cabernet750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsThe Glenlivet12 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky750ml$59.99/ea($79.99/l)
- wine&spiritsInverness Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley750ml$24.99/ea($33.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLa Crema Chardonnay Monterey750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsSmith & Hook Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$23.99/ea($31.99/l)
- Dr. Bronner'sMagic Soaps, 18-In-1 Hemp Almond Pure-Castile Liquid Soap32fl oz$15.99/ea($0.50/oz)
- wine&spiritsBodega Catena Zapata Malbec750ml$22.99/ea($30.65/l)