Cocchi's is widely regarded as the original Aperitivo Americano, and has been made continuously since 1891 using only natural ingredients. To aromatise the white wine a secret blend of herbs and spices, to name a few, gentian, cinchona and bitter orange peels, are added to the wine base which is then steeped over a period of time.
On the nose you initially detect notes of orange zest, orange flower and elderflower before more mature aromas of baked apple and pear drops emerge. Your palate will immediately appreciate the bitter/sweet balance as more bitter notes mingle with honey and citrus flavors, mainly orange and lemon zest. More wine-like characteristics become evident as the flavors develop into a long, vibrant finish, with the bitter and sweet notes remaining fresh until the end. Serve chilled with ice, a twist of orange peel and a splash of soda. (from the vintner)
Cocchi Americano Bianco Aperitif
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsBulleitRye Whiskey1.75L (1750ml)$69.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsCarpanoAntica Formula Vermouth1L (1000ml)$34.99/ea($34.99/l)
- wine&spiritsCocchiAmericano Rosa Aperitif750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsCynarBitter1L (1000ml)$27.99/ea($27.99/l)
- wine&spiritsCocchiVermouth di Torino375ml$12.99/ea($34.64/l)
- wine&spiritsCappellettiAperitivo Rosso750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsLilletWhite Aperitif750ml$21.99/ea($29.32/l)