Alias Cabernet starts with tea and tobacco aromas at first, but as it opens up, the big, dark fruit and cocoa notes rise up. A hint of eucalyptus and violets add a complex layer to the nose. The blackberry, dried cherry, and chocolate are dominant on the palate. The combination of French and American oak adds vanilla, toast, and toffee notes, but the wood component is subtle. Then the eucalyptus and violets linger on the end. The finish lasts forever with a wonderful cherry-blackberry pie character that makes me want to bake an Alias Cabernet cake...possible?
Alias wines are made by Alcohol by Volume, a young & hungry wine company based in a secret wine cave in northern California. Our mission is to make really good wines at really good prices. We don't have a chateaux or give vineyard tours. The only tasting room we have is a seat at our table, if you happen to be around when we fire up the grill.
You're going to want some big flavors to pair with this wine. Try it with balsamic glazed braised beef, a good BBQ sauce, or just a great steak. Enjoy slightly chilled and often. (from the vintner)
CountryU.S.A.Region/StateCaliforniaTypeRedVarietalCabernet SauvignonVintage2015Alcohol13.8%GrapeCabernet Sauvignon
Alias Cabernet Sauvignon
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsBeyond Sauvignon Blanc750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)
- wine&spiritsExcelsior Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$10.99/ea($14.65/l)
- wine&spiritsSanta Carolina Pinot Noir Reserva750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsSmoking Loon Pinot Noir750ml$10.99/ea($14.65/l)
- wine&spiritsFinca Flichman Misterio Malbec750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)
- wine&spiritsMan Vintners Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)
- wine&spiritsKnollwood California Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$7.99/ea($10.65/l)
- wine&spiritsAngels Tears Sauvignon Blanc750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)
it's backLa Vieille Ferme Rosé750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)
- wine&spiritsCanyon Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$8.99/ea($11.99/l)
- wine&spiritsAlverdi Pinot Grigio IGT750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLe Bon Goût Crisp White Blend750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)