Alias Cabernet starts with tea and tobacco aromas at first, but as it opens up, the big, dark fruit and cocoa notes rise up. A hint of eucalyptus and violets add a complex layer to the nose. The blackberry, dried cherry, and chocolate are dominant on the palate. The combination of French and American oak adds vanilla, toast, and toffee notes, but the wood component is subtle. Then the eucalyptus and violets linger on the end. The finish lasts forever with a wonderful cherry-blackberry pie character that makes me want to bake an Alias Cabernet cake...possible?
Alias wines are made by Alcohol by Volume, a young & hungry wine company based in a secret wine cave in northern California. Our mission is to make really good wines at really good prices. We don't have a chateaux or give vineyard tours. The only tasting room we have is a seat at our table, if you happen to be around when we fire up the grill.
You're going to want some big flavors to pair with this wine. Try it with balsamic glazed braised beef, a good BBQ sauce, or just a great steak. Enjoy slightly chilled and often. (from the vintner)
- Alcohol Information
CountryU.S.A.Region/StateCaliforniaTypeRedVarietalCabernet SauvignonVintage2015Alcohol13.8%GrapeCabernet Sauvignon
Alias Cabernet Sauvignon
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsBeyond Sauvignon Blanc750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)
- wine&spiritsSanta Carolina Pinot Noir Reserva750ml$10.99/ea($14.65/l)
- Pink Lady Applesapprox. 3lb bag$5.99/ea
- wine&spiritsLa Vieille Ferme Rosé750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)
- wine&spiritsMan Vintners Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)
- wine&spiritsIndaba Sauvignon Blanc750ml$8.99/ea($11.99/l)
- GoodPopAll-Natural Frozen Pops, Watermelon Agave4ct, 2.75fl oz ea$5.99/ea($8.68/lb)
- wine&spiritsZonin Cuvée 1821 Prosecco DOC750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- Turkey HillDiet Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey, Plastic Bottle1.89L$1.99/ea($0.33/pt)