The original Super Tuscan, Tignanello is produced exclusively from a 140-acre vineyard site at Antinori's Tignanello Estate. In 1970, it was the first Sangiovese wine to be aged in small oak barrels and the first modern red wine to use such non-traditional varieties as Cabernet in the blend.
Antinori Tignanello Super Tuscan is an intense wine, ruby red in color with purple highlights. It is ripe on the nose with notes of dark fruit and underlying freshness on the aromatic finish. Plum fruit dominates the aromatics along with cherries, as the aromas evolve towards sensations of mint and licorice. On the palate, the wine is inviting, rich and harmonious with an excellent balance of the flavors thanks to the acidity and the solidity and suppleness of the tannins. The finish and aftertaste are rich and savory and are characterized by a sweet persistence and length. (from the producer)
CountryItalyRegion/StateTuscanySub-RegionChianti ClassicoTypeRedVarietalSangioveseVintage2014Alcohol14.5%Grape80% Sangiovese, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Cabernet Franc
Antinori Tignanello Super Tuscan IGT
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsEtude Pinot Noir Carneros750ml$49.99/ea($66.65/l)
- wine&spiritsLa Reserve d'Angludet Margaux750ml$34.99/ea($46.65/l)
- wine&spiritsRombauer Vineyards Chardonnay Carneros750ml$44.99/ea($59.99/l)
- wine&spiritsJackson-Triggs Vidal Icewine187ml$26.99/ea($144.33/l)
10%Les Collines Châteauneuf-du-Pape750ml$26.99/ea
- wine&spiritsBartenura Moscato IGT750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)