The original Super Tuscan, Tignanello is produced exclusively from a 140-acre vineyard site at Antinori's Tignanello Estate. In 1970, it was the first Sangiovese wine to be aged in small oak barrels and the first modern red wine to use such non-traditional varieties as Cabernet in the blend.
Antinori Tignanello Super Tuscan is an intense wine, ruby red in color with purple highlights. It is ripe on the nose with notes of dark fruit and underlying freshness on the aromatic finish. Plum fruit dominates the aromatics along with cherries, as the aromas evolve towards sensations of mint and licorice. On the palate, the wine is inviting, rich and harmonious with an excellent balance of the flavors thanks to the acidity and the solidity and suppleness of the tannins. The finish and aftertaste are rich and savory and are characterized by a sweet persistence and length. (from the producer)
- Alcohol Information
CountryItalyRegion/StateTuscanySub-RegionChianti ClassicoTypeRedVarietalSangioveseVintage2014Alcohol14.5%Grape80% Sangiovese, 15% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Cabernet Franc
Antinori Tignanello Super Tuscan IGT
Like That? You'll Love This.
14%La Reserve d'Angludet Margaux750ml$31.49/ea
$34.99Any 2 Select Wines for $60($41.99/l)
- Ruggero's Bake ShopChocolate–Dipped Raspberry Filled Cookies14oz$6.25/ea($7.14/lb)
- wine&spiritsJackson-Triggs Vidal Icewine187ml$24.99/ea($133.64/l)
- wine&spiritsFlowers Sonoma Coast Chardonnay750ml$47.99/ea($63.99/l)
- wine&spiritsEtude Pinot Noir Carneros750ml$47.99/ea($63.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLes Collines Châteauneuf-du-Pape750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBartenura Moscato IGT750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)