DescriptionThis is a classic Barolo, harmonious and velvety, with limited tannin content and a consistently fine balance between alcohol and acidity. It displays extraordinary drinkability after just a few months in the bottle and, in good vintages, can be cellared for up to 20 years. It is perfect for hearty meals with rich flavors like beef stew, game, mushrooms, and white truffles.
Bruno and Marcello Ceretto joined their father Riccardo in the family wine business in Alba in the 1960s. The two brothers' objective was to select vineyards in the most historically important areas for the production of great wines. This idea, spawned by a visit to Burgundy, would prove the wisdom of the Ceretto family, placing their bottles among the greats of enology and elevating Barolo and Barbaresco among the most appreciated and prestigious wines in the world. The idea was revolutionary at the time for a territory in which the concept of "cru" was completely unknown, but most of all, it was a genial intuition. (from the vintner)
Ceretto Barolo DOCG
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsVietti Barolo Castiglione DOCG750ml$59.99/ea($79.99/l)
- wine&spiritsPrunotto Barbaresco DOCG750ml$46.99/ea($62.65/l)
- wine&spiritsAntinori Tignanello Super Tuscan IGT750ml$134.99/ea($179.99/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Rosa Barolo DOCG750ml$28.99/ea($38.65/l)
- wine&spiritsStag's Leap Wine Cellars Artemis Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley750ml$84.99/ea($113.32/l)
- wine&spiritsCaymus Napa Cabernet750ml$109.99/ea($146.65/l)
- wine&spiritsJoseph Phelps Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley750ml$79.99/ea($106.65/l)