Whispering Angel is named for an early 19th century chapel whose two cherubs have inspired the wine's label design. This Côtes de Provence Rosé is made from grapes grown on some of the choicest parcels of land in the region surrounding La Motte-en-Provence. It is primarily Grenache, with smaller amounts of Rolle (Vermentino), Cinsault, Syrah and Tibournen added to the blend.
The wine has a lovely bright rosé color. There is a crystal clarity to the berry and cherry flavors. Powerful, almost tannic, with plenty mineral and spice notes. The long finish lingers with white pepper and wisps of red peach.
(from the vintner)
CountryFranceRegion/StateProvenceSub-RegionCôtes de ProvenceTypeRoséVarietalGrenache/GarnachaVintage2019Alcohol13.5%Grape72% Grenache, 13% Rolle, 5% Cinsault, 6% Syrah, 4% Tibouren
Whispering Angel Côtes de Provence Rosé
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsWölffer Estate Rosé Long Island750ml$22.99/ea($30.65/l)
- wine&spiritsChanning Daughters Rosato di Cabernet Franc750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsAix Coteaux d'Aix en Provence Rosé750ml$20.99/ea($27.99/l)
- wine&spiritsThe Palm Rosé by Whispering Angel750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsKim Crawford Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc750ml$17.99/ea($23.99/l)
- wine&spiritsChâteau Miraval Côtes de Provence Rosé750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsWölffer Estate Summer in a Bottle Rosé750ml$32.99/ea($43.99/l)
- Montauk BrewingSummer Ale, Cans6ct, 12fl oz ea$12.99/ea($2.89/pt)
- wine&spiritsDomaine Sautereau Sancerre750ml$27.99/ea($37.32/l)
- wine&spiritsCloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough750ml$34.99/ea($46.65/l)
- wine&spiritsSanta Margherita Pinot Grigio DOC750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsFinca Wölffer Rosé Mendoza750ml$18.99/ea($25.32/l)