Amalaya is Donald Hess' new brainchild in Argentina, located in the Calchaqui Valley. It is distinguished for being the highest elevation wine region in the world.
A brilliant ruby color wine with violet edges and a nose of strawberries, raspberries and ripe fruit with touch of pepper and spice. The palate is smooth with red plums, spice and hints of vanilla from aging in French oak. Tannins are silky, round and lead to a delicate, lingering finish.
The Calchaqui Valley sits in the northwestern region of Argentina in the eastern foothills of the Andes mountain range at an altitude between 5,250 and 5,580 feet above sea level. The high altitude provides a unique growing climate for the sustainably-farmed vineyard, providing intense sun in the day and cool nights that help better retain the acidity and concentrated fruit characteristics of the grapes. (from the vintner)
CountryArgentinaRegion/StateSaltaTypeRedVarietalMalbecVintage2016Alcohol13.9%Grape75% Malbec, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Syrah, 5% Tannat
Amalaya Malbec Blend
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsHahn Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLa Moulinière Bordeaux750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- Good Day ChocolateSleep Supplement8ct, 0.99oz$2.99/ea($3.02/oz)
7%Angeline Pinot Noir750ml$13.99/eaAny 3 Select Wines for $39($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsDomaine Bousquet Malbec750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsAltas Cumbres Malbec750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLuminis Luján de Cuyo Malbec750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
- wine&spiritsAruma Malbec750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
- wine&spiritsLe Bon Goût Rustic Red Syrah Blend750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- CesarCanine Cuisine Wet Dog Food with Chicken And Liver in Meaty Juices3.5oz$0.99/ea($4.53/lb)
- wine&spiritsAltos Las Hormigas Malbec750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsBaron de Ley Varietales Tempranillo Rioja750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)