Amalaya is Donald Hess' new brainchild in Argentina, located in the Calchaqui Valley. It is distinguished for being the highest elevation wine region in the world.
A brilliant ruby color wine with violet edges and a nose of strawberries, raspberries and ripe fruit with touch of pepper and spice. The palate is smooth with red plums, spice and hints of vanilla from aging in French oak. Tannins are silky, round and lead to a delicate, lingering finish.
The Calchaqui Valley sits in the northwestern region of Argentina in the eastern foothills of the Andes mountain range at an altitude between 5,250 and 5,580 feet above sea level. The high altitude provides a unique growing climate for the sustainably-farmed vineyard, providing intense sun in the day and cool nights that help better retain the acidity and concentrated fruit characteristics of the grapes. (from the vintner)
CountryArgentinaRegion/StateSaltaTypeRedVarietalMalbecVintage2016Alcohol13.9%Grape75% Malbec, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Syrah, 5% Tannat
Amalaya Malbec Blend
Like That? You'll Love This.
- Good Day ChocolateSleep Supplement8ct, 0.99oz$2.99/ea($2.99/oz)
- wine&spiritsAlamos Malbec750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLa Moulinière Bordeaux750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- CesarCanine Cuisine Wet Dog Food with Chicken And Liver in Meaty Juices3.5oz$0.99/ea($4.50/lb)
- wine&spiritsHahn Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLuminis Luján de Cuyo Malbec750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
- wine&spiritsCastle Rock Los Carneros Pinot Noir750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsAltas Cumbres Malbec750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsAltos Las Hormigas Malbec750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsAngeline Pinot Noir750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
16%Alfasi Reserve Malbec-Syrah750ml$10.79/ea
$11.99Any 3 Staff Picks for $30($14.39/l)
- wine&spiritsMarqués de Cáceres Rioja Crianza750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)