DescriptionIn the early 1990s, Pine Ridge crafted this unusual and delectable blend as an experimental bottling. This unique marriage of two varieties that would never share the same bottle in their native France unites the crisp, honeyed fruit of Chenin Blanc with the plush body, light floral aromas and juicy stone fruit notes of Viognier, for a wine that is both sophisticated and easy to enjoy.
Brilliant and refreshing, with fresh lemon, juicy honeydew melon, pomelo and sweet mango, complemented by soft orange blossom and carnation floral notes. The palate is crisp and mouth-watering, leading with luscious papaya, yellow pear and ruby grapefruit flavors that are balanced by hints of sweet tangerine and white tea.
With its balanced acidity, this versatile wine pairs well with a number of dishes, from light salads to seafood to, most notably, foods with a hint of spicinessits subtle sweetness provides balance alongside a touch of heat. Try Chenin Blanc + Viognier with a flavorful Thai curry, a sushi dish, such as a spicy tuna roll, or seared halibut.
(from the vintner)
CountryU.S.A.Region/StateCaliforniaSub-RegionClarksburgTypeWhiteVarietalChenin BlancVintage2019Alcohol13%Grape80% Chenin Blanc, 20% Viognier
Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc + Viognier
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsBurgans Albariño750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsDry Creek Vineyard Chenin Blanc750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsClos du Gaimont Vouvray La Monaco750ml$21.99/ea($29.32/l)
- wine&spiritsMontinore Estate Biodyanamic Pinot Gris750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
- wine&spiritsMan Vintners Chenin Blanc750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)
- wine&spiritsTrimbach Pinot Blanc750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)