An amazing Montepulciano value. The ILauri winery gets its name from the laurel trees that used to surround its home town of Loreto Aprutino. Cool breezes from the Apennine Mountains extend the ripening of the local grapes and create a natural temperature variation which heightens flavors and aromas lending a natural acidity and giving the wines balance between elegance and concentration.
This fine Montepulciano d'Abruzzo is produced from estate grapes. The Bajo (Bay) name comes from the hair color of the local horses. With six months aging in large Slovenian oak barrels, this vibrant medium-bodied red displays a violet color and an intense bouquet of ripe red and black raspberry/cherry fruit, finely framed with a touch of spice from the oak. Ideal with barbecued meats and traditional Italian specialties such as pizza and lasagna. (from the vintner)
Ilauri Bajo Montepulciano D'abruzzo DOC
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsBernard Chamfort Côtes du Rhône750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spirits14° Secolo Chianti DOCG750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
14%Carletto Montepulciano D'Abruzzo DOC750ml$11.99/eaAny 4 Select Wines for $41($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsFeudo di San Nicola Sangiovese IGT750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
14%Villa Aurora Barbera D'Asti750ml$11.99/eaAny 4 Select Wines for $41($15.99/l)
10%Buenas! Tempranillo750ml$9.99/eaAny 4 Select Wines for $35.96($13.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLa Mura Organic Nero d'Avola750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsBolla Valpolicella DOC750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsSanta Carolina Pinot Noir Reserva750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)