Cline's Sonoma Coast Vineyards are in an area called "The Petaluma Gap" and those vines see cooling coastal wind through much of the growing season. The vines are often shrouded in fog which makes for a long cool growing season and maximum flavors.
The deep red velvet color and soft, bright strawberry, vanilla, and spearmint flavors are lovingly coaxed from grapes grown in the cool, foggy mornings and sunny afternoons of the Sonoma Coast. This wine was aged for 10 months in 40% new medium toast French oak. At this level the vanilla and toffee flavors of the barrel do not overpower the delicate spearmint and strawberry of cool–climate Pinot Noir.
This incredibly versatile Pinot Noir pairs equally well with oregano–rubbed leg of lamb, braised pork shank, blackened sea bass, crunchy lobster roll, glazed duck breast, or grilled asparagus. This is one of Nancy Cline's favorites. (from the vintner)
- Alcohol Information
CountryU.S.A.Region/StateCaliforniaSub-RegionSonoma CoastTypeRedVarietalPinot NoirVintage2014Alcohol14.50%Grape100% Pinot Noir
Cline Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
- wine&spiritsMonterey Vinyeards Pinot Noir by Chalone750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsPrimarius Pinot Noir Oregon750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
- wine&spiritsCastle Rock Los Carneros Pinot Noir750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsMartin Ray Pinot Noir Russian River Valley750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsThe Pinot Project Pinot Noir750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- ZiplocEasy Open Tabs Double Zipper Quart Freezer Bags19ct$3.99/ea($0.21/ct)