Valter Bosio has four passions: his family, his dog Leda, wine, and hunting for truffles. Truffle hunting is a tradition in Piedmont, and Leda is known for unearthing these highly–prized tubers. This wine is made as a tribute to her.
The Bosio family has 60 acres of vineyards in Piedmont's Langhe region. The Barbera grapes for this wine come from vineyards located in Castagnole Lanze and Costigliole d'Asti villages, at 200 to 300 feet above sea level.
Ruby red in color, this Barbera shows ample red fruit on the nose. It has silky tannins that give it a smooth mouthfeel. This easy–to–drink wine has a freshness and approachability that makes it a great wine for even the casual wine consumer. This wine is a perfect accompaniment to both red and white meats like chicken and pork, as well as an array of Italian cheeses, pastas, and risotto. (from the vintner)
- Alcohol Information
Leda Truffle Hunter Barbera d'Asti DOCG
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsAllegrini Valpolicella DOC750ml$18.99/ea($25.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLa Tour D'Arche Bordeaux Supérieur750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- Seagram'sGinger Ale, Cans6ct, 7.5fl oz ea$3.69/ea($1.31/pt)
- wine&spiritsMan Vintners Chenin Blanc750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)
- wine&spiritsCarletto Montepulciano D'Abruzzo DOC750ml$10.99/ea($14.65/l)
- wine&spiritsLeft Wave Sauvignon Blanc Leyda Valley750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsVilladoria "Bricco Magno" Langhe Nebbiolo DOC750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsTormaresca Neprica Negroamaro IGT750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spirits14° Secolo Chianti DOCG750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBeringer Founders' Estate Merlot750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBurgans Albariño750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsDomaine Brusset Côtes-du-Rhône Laurent B.750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)