The 15 Year Old Glenlivet gets its distinctive rich and exotic character from a process of selective maturation in which a proportion of the spirit is matured in French Limousin oak casks. The Glenlivet was one of the first to use French oak for making whisky, a technique that has since been imitated the world over.
The Limousin oak is cut in France's Dordogne region, where it's often used to mature cognacs. Its low density allows whisky to sink deep into the wood, and is carefully monitored as it matures in the casks to create a unique, pleasing spiciness.
This process increases the intensity of the whisky, creating a rich, creamy finish, with buttery notes. It is deep gold in color, and leaves behind traces of sweet almond and spice. It's luxury in a glass. (from The Glenlivet)
- Alcohol Information
The Glenlivet French Oak Reserve 15 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsBalvenieCarribbean Cask 14 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky750ml$75.99/ea($101.32/l)
- wine&spiritsOban14 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky750ml$77.99/ea($103.99/l)
- wine&spiritsKnob CreekSmall Batch Bourbon Whiskey1L (1000ml)$39.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsWoodford ReserveDistiller's Select Bourbon Whiskey750ml$44.99/ea($59.99/l)
- wine&spiritsKetel OneVodka1.75L (1750ml)$54.99/ea($31.42/l)