DescriptionTalisker is the only Single Malt Scotch Whisky made by the sea on the shores of the Isle of Skye. Sitting amongst the Inner Hebridean Scottish Isles, Skye is one of the most remote, rugged, yet beautiful landscapes in Scotland. Bursting with the famous smokiness, the surprising subtle notes of black pepper, and yet rounded with a smooth finish, Talisker is a delicious contradiction.
Founded in 1825 by Hugh MacAskill of Eigg, Talisker has been one of the best-selling malt whiskies since the late nineteenth century. Intense and powerful, the Talisker family all have a peated, smoky flavor. This flavor comes from the peat burned during the malting process, and carries on it the salted smoke of an island battered by wind and waves. Beneath the smoke you'll find soft fruits and cereal notes, and in the older expressions a rich vanilla imbued by the aging process.
Talisker 10 year is a classic Island whisky. It is brilliant gold in color and has a nose of powerful peat-smoke with just a hint of the sea-water salt of fresh oysters, with a citrus sweetness. Full and rich on the palate, it has a rich dried-fruit sweetness, with clouds of smoke, strong barley-malt flavors, warming and intense. Peppery at the back of the mouth leading to a huge, long, warming and peppery finish with an appetizing sweetness. (from the distiller)
Talisker 10 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsBalvenieDoublewood 12 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky750ml$75.99/ea($101.32/l)
- wine&spiritsArdbeg10 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky750ml$59.99/ea($79.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLaphroaigIslay 10 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky750ml$59.99/ea($79.99/l)
- wine&spiritsOban14 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky750ml$89.99/ea($119.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLaphroaigQuarter Cask Single Malt Scotch Whisky750ml$64.99/ea($86.65/l)