DescriptionA classic red Burgundy that shows off the potential of Pinot Noir in Burgundy's terroir.
The excellent Domaine Coillot was set up in the 1960s by Bernard Coillot in the village of Marsannay at the northern end of Burgundy's Côte d'Or. Today it's run by his intense, driven, and very hard working son, Christophe, who is truly a vigneron working hard to get the best out of his vineyards.
Christophe's philosophy is to make terroir-driven wines as natural as possible, with the least amount of intervention in the vineyard. The estate practices sustainable farming and does not use insecticides, pesticides, or herbicides. The wines are made using all the traditional methods including manual harvest, table sorting in vineyard, 100% destemming, and traditional fermentation.
The Coillot Bourgogne Pinot Noir is bottled unfined and unfiltered and new oak is sparingly used. The wine has a welcoming drinkability but this belies the quality and complexity of the fruit, and as Christophe says, he likes to make wines he can drink et voilà!
Aromas and flavors of dense, rich, lush fruits (red currant, black cherry) with notes of flowers, mushrooms, and conifer and evergreen trees. This impeccably balanced wine has a good long finish with refined tannins. Pairs well with appetizers, meat, poultry, game, and fine cheeses. (from the vintner)
CountryFranceRegion/StateBurgundySub-RegionCôte de NuitsTypeRedVarietalPinot NoirVintage2016Alcohol13%Grape100% Pinot Noir
Domaine Coillot Pere and Fils Bourgogne Pinot Noir
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsCloudline Oregon Pinot Noir750ml$21.99/ea($29.32/l)
20%Maison Champy Bourgogne Pinot Noir750ml$22.49/ea
$24.99Any 2 Select Wines for $40($29.99/l)
10%Goose Bay Pinot Noir750ml$23.39/ea
- wine&spiritsWilliam Fevre Chablis Champs Royaux750ml$25.99/ea($34.65/l)
- wine&spiritsDomaine Jean de Bosmel Chablis 1er Cru Vaulignot750ml$34.99/ea($46.65/l)
- wine&spiritsMontinore Pinot Noir Willamette750ml$24.99/ea($33.32/l)
- wine&spiritsCiacci Piccolomini Rosso di Montalcino DOC750ml$25.99/ea($34.65/l)
- wine&spiritsLuminis Perdriel Malbec750ml$22.99/ea($30.65/l)
- wine&spiritsPrunotto Barbaresco DOCG750ml$46.99/ea($62.65/l)
- wine&spiritsPavillon de Léoville Poyferré, St-Julien750ml$49.99/ea($66.65/l)
- wine&spiritsEtude Pinot Noir Carneros750ml$49.99/ea($66.65/l)
- wine&spiritsPaul Jaboulet Aine Crozes-Hermitage Les Jalets750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)