DescriptionThis old-style Junmai sake with a 65% rice polishing ratio is produced in the original Kimoto brewing method, giving it a great mellow flavor and higher acidity — like a French white wine. This full-bodied sake has elegant wild earth and dried mushroom flavors. This rustic nature allows it to stand up to grilled chicken, soups, fried foods, and aged cheeses. It is great for serving warm or sipping cold.
The story of Akita Seishu begins in 1865, when founder Jushiro Ito converted a 150 year old thatched roof estate into the Dewatsuru sake brewery. Five generations later, the brewery is still run by the Ito family. The brewery's philosophy is that, "Good harmony makes good sake." Akita Seishu values everything local and strives for a harmonious relationship between man and nature.
Although working together with nature is not always easy in this frigid region in northern Japan, the harsh winter conditions are ideal for brewing sake and contribute to the distinct, regional flavor profiles of Dewatsuru sake. (from the brewer)
Dewatsuru Kimoto Junmai Sake
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsKiboJunmai Sake, Can180ml$5.99/ea($33.28/l)
- wine&spiritsWakatakeOnikoroshi Super Demon Slayer Junmai Daiginjo Sake720ml$49.99/ea($69.43/l)
- wine&spiritsDewatsuruSakura Emaki Rosé Sake360ml$19.99/ea($55.53/l)
13%Baron Herzog Late Harvest Zinfandel750ml$22.99/eaAny 2 Select Wines for $40($30.65/l)
- wine&spiritsHakutsuruExcellent Junmai Sake720ml$12.99/ea($18.04/l)
- wine&spiritsDry Creek Vineyard Chenin Blanc750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsHakutsuruSayuri Nigori Sake720ml$16.99/ea($23.60/l)