DescriptionLa Rioja Alta was founded in 1890, and is a benchmark producer in Rioja. The Araña is aged for just over three years in American oak barrels that are coopered at the winery.
Medium-depth, dark-cherry red with incipient orange hues. High aromatic intensity, with notes of vanilla, caramel, toffee and cinnamon from the wood against a background of fruits in liqueur. Good structure in the mouth, with a pleasant acidity and fine tannins. A wine with an expansive aftertaste re-emphasizing its seductive acidity and noble flavors derived from barrel ageing.
Pair this rioja with first courses of rice or pasta dishes, small game casseroles or char-grilled meat. (from La Rioja Alta)
CountrySpainRegion/StateRiojaTypeRedVarietalTempranillo/Tinta Roriz/Ull de Llebre, Carignan/MazueloVintage2009Alcohol13.5%GrapeTempranillo 95%, Mazuelo 5%
La Rioja Alta Viña Arana Rioja Reserva
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsLuminis Perdriel Malbec750ml$22.99/ea($30.65/l)
- wine&spiritsBodegas Muga Rioja Reserva750ml$30.99/ea($41.32/l)
- wine&spiritsPavillon de Léoville Poyferré, St-Julien750ml$49.99/ea($66.65/l)
- wine&spiritsBaron Herzog Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley Special Reserve750ml$45.99/ea($61.32/l)
- wine&spiritsDomaine Roger Perrin Châteauneuf-du-Pape "Les Galets de la Berthaude"750ml$33.99/ea($45.32/l)
it's backWakatakeOnikoroshi Super Demon Slayer Junmai Daiginjo Sake720ml$49.99/ea($69.43/l)
- wine&spiritsEtude Pinot Noir Carneros750ml$49.99/ea($66.65/l)
- wine&spiritsMarqués de Cáceres Rioja Crianza750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)
- wine&spiritsCastello di Nipozzano Chianti Rufina Riserva DOCG750ml$23.99/ea($31.99/l)
- wine&spiritsCastro Martin Rías Baixas Albariño 'Sobre Lias'750ml$20.99/ea($27.99/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Aurora Barolo750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsFlowers Sonoma Coast Chardonnay750ml$49.99/ea($66.65/l)