- DescriptionLa Rioja Alta was founded in 1890, and is a benchmark producer in Rioja. The Araña is aged for just over three years in American oak barrels that are coopered at the winery.
Medium-depth, dark-cherry red with incipient orange hues. High aromatic intensity, with notes of vanilla, caramel, toffee and cinnamon from the wood against a background of fruits in liqueur. Good structure in the mouth, with a pleasant acidity and fine tannins. A wine with an expansive aftertaste re-emphasizing its seductive acidity and noble flavors derived from barrel ageing.
Pair this rioja with first courses of rice or pasta dishes, small game casseroles or char-grilled meat. (from La Rioja Alta)
- Alcohol Information
CountrySpainRegion/StateRiojaTypeRedVarietalTempranillo/Tinta Roriz/Ull de Llebre, Carignan/MazueloVintage2009Alcohol13.5%GrapeTempranillo 95%, Mazuelo 5%
La Rioja Alta Viña Arana Rioja Reserva
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsCastro Martin Rías Baixas Albariño 'Sobre Lias'750ml$20.99/ea($27.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBodegas Muga Rioja Reserva750ml$30.99/ea($41.32/l)
- wine&spiritsBeronia Rioja Reserva 2011750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsBaron Herzog Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley Special Reserve750ml$43.99/ea($58.65/l)
- wine&spiritsMartin Ray Pinot Noir Russian River Valley750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
10%Villa Aurora Barolo750ml$26.99/ea
- wine&spiritsMarqués de Cáceres Rioja Crianza750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)