DescriptionMuga, one of Rioja's most iconic wineries, has been making wines since 1932. Their Reserva is a classic Rioja blend of 70% Tempranillo, 20% Garnacha, 7% Mazuelo and 3% Graciano vinified traditionally. The wine spends its first year in new barrels before being transferred to used barrels for the second year.
On the nose, it displays ripe, dark fruit, grape syrup and bitter chocolate and as it opens up, hints of spices such as pepper, vanilla and a little mountain scrub begin coming through. On the palate, it is balanced, with a soft touch of acidity to give it good potential for cellaring. The attack is broad and long, with an evolution in the mouth which spreads silky and mineral sensations before concluding with sweet tannins which still have a bit of "grip" and will benefit from some "time out" for their full integration. Enjoy with rich lamb dishes, BBQ pork, or stewed vegetables.
CountrySpainRegion/StateRiojaTypeRedVarietalTempranillo/Tinta Roriz/Ull de Llebre, Grenache/Garnacha, Carignan/MazueloVintage2014Alcohol14%Grape70% Tempranillo, 20% Garnacha, 7% Mazuelo and 3% Graciano.
Bodegas Muga Rioja Reserva
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsLa Rioja Alta Viña Arana Rioja Reserva750ml$31.99/ea($42.65/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Rosa Barolo DOCG750ml$27.99/ea($37.32/l)
- wine&spiritsCondado de Haza Ribera Del Duero750ml$25.99/ea($34.65/l)
- wine&spiritsLuminis Perdriel Malbec750ml$22.99/ea($30.65/l)
- wine&spiritsDomaine Roger Perrin Châteauneuf-du-Pape "Les Galets de la Berthaude"750ml$33.99/ea($45.32/l)
- wine&spiritsCastro Martin Rías Baixas Albariño 'Sobre Lias'750ml$20.99/ea($27.99/l)
- wine&spiritsRidge "Three Valleys" Zinfandel750ml$33.99/ea($45.32/l)
- wine&spiritsBedell Cellars Merlot750ml$23.99/ea($31.99/l)
- wine&spiritsAtlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley750ml$39.99/ea($53.32/l)
- wine&spiritsCastello di Nipozzano Chianti Rufina Riserva DOCG750ml$23.99/ea($31.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBeronia Rioja Reserva 2011750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsMarqués de Cáceres Rioja Crianza750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)