DescriptionMuga, one of Rioja's most iconic wineries, has been making wines since 1932. Their Reserva is a classic Rioja blend of 70% Tempranillo, 20% Garnacha, 7% Mazuelo and 3% Graciano vinified traditionally. The wine spends its first year in new barrels before being transferred to used barrels for the second year.
On the nose, it displays ripe, dark fruit, grape syrup and bitter chocolate and as it opens up, hints of spices such as pepper, vanilla and a little mountain scrub begin coming through. On the palate, it is balanced, with a soft touch of acidity to give it good potential for cellaring. The attack is broad and long, with an evolution in the mouth which spreads silky and mineral sensations before concluding with sweet tannins which still have a bit of "grip" and will benefit from some "time out" for their full integration. Enjoy with rich lamb dishes, BBQ pork, or stewed vegetables.
CountrySpainRegion/StateRiojaTypeRedVarietalTempranillo/Tinta Roriz/Ull de Llebre, Grenache/Garnacha, Carignan/MazueloVintage2015Alcohol14%Grape70% Tempranillo, 20% Garnacha, 7% Mazuelo and 3% Graciano.
Bodegas Muga Rioja Reserva
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsBeronia Rioja Gran Reserva750ml$34.99/ea($46.65/l)
- wine&spiritsCiacci Piccolomini Rosso di Montalcino DOC750ml$25.99/ea($34.65/l)
- wine&spiritsPaul Jaboulet Aine Crozes-Hermitage Les Jalets750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsDomaine Roger Perrin Châteauneuf-du-Pape "Les Galets de la Berthaude"750ml$34.99/ea($46.65/l)
- wine&spiritsBeronia Rioja Reserva750ml$21.99/ea($29.32/l)
- wine&spiritsBodega Catena Zapata Malbec750ml$22.99/ea($30.65/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Rosa Barolo DOCG750ml$28.99/ea($38.65/l)
- wine&spiritsCastello di Nipozzano Chianti Rufina Riserva DOCG750ml$23.99/ea($31.99/l)
- wine&spiritsMarqués de Cáceres Rioja Crianza750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)
- wine&spiritsIjalba Organic Rioja Crianza750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsCastello di Monsanto Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG750ml$32.99/ea($43.99/l)