- DescriptionOne of Napa Valley's most popular Cabernets, Franciscan uses a meticulous small-lot approach to winemaking. Each section of their Oakville Estate is divided into sections whose grape are fermented and aged separately to bring out the best expression of each lot. Each vintage, over 200 separate lots of Bordeaux varietals are produced, honing the blend during 18 months of barrel aging. Only the finest lots are included in Franciscan Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, to show the best of the vineyards and the vintage.
Franciscan Cabernet is a deep garnet color with a lovely plum nose and rich fruit with layers of complexity. Hints of licorice, vanilla, blackberry, tobacco, and leather envelop the fruit. Ripe entry of cherries and cassis showcases a full, well-structured palate. Textured and rich, the mouthfeel is balanced and generous showing layers of ripe berries, black pepper, mocha, and spice. A very long finish that leads you to another sip. Enjoy with beef, game and strong blue cheeses. (from Franciscan)
- Alcohol Information
CountryU.S.A.Region/StateCaliforniaSub-RegionNapa ValleyTypeRedVarietalCabernet SauvignonVintage2016Alcohol13.5%GrapeCabernet Sauvignon 83%, Merlot 10%, Malbec 3%, Petit Verdot 3%, Syrah 1%
Franciscan Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsJustin Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$27.99/ea($37.32/l)
- wine&spiritsRidge "Three Valleys" Zinfandel750ml$33.99/ea($45.32/l)
- wine&spiritsJ. Lohr Seven Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsInverness Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley750ml$24.99/ea($33.32/l)
- wine&spirits75 Wine Company Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$21.99/ea($29.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLa Reserve d'Angludet Margaux750ml$34.99/ea($46.65/l)
- wine&spiritsSilverado Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley750ml$49.99/ea($66.65/l)
- wine&spiritsPaumanok Sauvignon Blanc750ml$24.99/ea($33.32/l)
- wine&spiritsJoel Gott Zinfandel750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsFrancis Coppola Diamond Collection Sauvignon Blanc750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)