DescriptionLa Cartuja is a Priorat made in an approachable style from Garnacha and Mazuelo grapes that is perfect to be enjoyed young. Made with organic, estate-owned fruit, it is an excellent value for a wine from such a prestigious appellation.Claims
Smoky, spicy dark berries and mocha appear on the nose and in the mouth, with a subtle mineral nuance building in the glass. Tangy acidity adds lift and definition to the juicy, sharply focused palate. Finishes long and minerally with slow-building dusty tannins.
This wine has enough power and structure to pair well with BBQ beef brisket or pork, grilled Argentine beef, and mesquite grilled or smoked baby back pork ribs. It also has a freshness and spice character that is a good match for Cuban roast chicken, pork with Latin spices and cracked pepper turkey. (from La Cartuja)
CountrySpainRegion/StatePrioratTypeRed, Organic & BiodynamicVarietalGrenache/Garnacha, Carignan/MazueloVintage2014Alcohol14.5%GrapeGarnacha 70%, Cariñena 30%
Bodegas La Cartuja Priorat
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsBarone Cornacchia Montepulciano d' Abruzzo DOC750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsChâteau Maris Natural Selection Syrah, Cru La Liviniere750ml$17.99/ea($23.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBodegas La Cartuja Priorat750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsDomaine d'Ardhuy Bourgogne Chardonnay750ml$20.99/ea($27.99/l)
- wine&spiritsStéphane-Aviron Beaujolais-Villages750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
- wine&spiritsRoederer Estate Anderson Valley Brut750ml$26.99/ea($35.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBeronia Rioja Reserva 2011750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsHahn Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)
it's backGruet Rosé Sparkling Wine Brut750ml$17.99/ea($23.99/l)
- wine&spiritsRedemptionStraight Rye Whiskey750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)