- DescriptionLa Cartuja is a Priorat made in an approachable style from Garnacha and Mazuelo grapes that is perfect to be enjoyed young. Made with organic, estate-owned fruit, it is an excellent value for a wine from such a prestigious appellation.Claims
Smoky, spicy dark berries and mocha appear on the nose and in the mouth, with a subtle mineral nuance building in the glass. Tangy acidity adds lift and definition to the juicy, sharply focused palate. Finishes long and minerally with slow-building dusty tannins.
This wine has enough power and structure to pair well with BBQ beef brisket or pork, grilled Argentine beef, and mesquite grilled or smoked baby back pork ribs. It also has a freshness and spice character that is a good match for Cuban roast chicken, pork with Latin spices and cracked pepper turkey. (from La Cartuja)
- Alcohol Information
CountrySpainRegion/StatePrioratTypeRed, Organic & BiodynamicVarietalGrenache/Garnacha, Carignan/MazueloVintage2014Alcohol14.5%GrapeGarnacha 70%, Cariñena 30%
Bodegas La Cartuja Priorat
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsLandon Cabernet Sauvignon Santa Ynez Valley750ml$17.99/ea($23.99/l)
- wine&spiritsSella & Mosca Cannonau di Sardegna Riserva DOC750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)
- thinkThinHigh Protein Bars, Brownie Crunch10ct, 2.1oz ea$17.99/ea($13.71/lb)
- wine&spiritsDomaine d'Ardhuy Bourgogne Chardonnay750ml$20.99/ea($27.99/l)
- wine&spiritsRedemptionStraight Rye Whiskey750ml$28.99/ea($38.65/l)
- thinkThinProtein and Fiber Bars, Salted Caramel10ct, 1.4oz ea$17.99/ea($20.56/lb)
- wine&spiritsMt. Hector Sauvignon Blanc750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsBaron de Ley Varietales Tempranillo Rioja750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)