DescriptionA concentrated, structured Rioja grown at elevation.
Baron de Ley is based in an old historic monastery that dates back to 1548. Their varietal Tempranillo is a 100% Tempranillo made from grapes grown in the Carboneras vineyard — at 850 meters above sea level the highest vineyard in Rioja. The wine is aged for 12 months in American oak casks.
Garnet-red color with violet hues. Intense aromas on the nose, with red-berried fruit, reminders of a baker's shop and vanilla. Meaty and complex on the palate with a touch of acidity to make it feel fresh and to complement the long finish. Enjoy with red meat, tapas, and strong cheeses. (from the distributor)
CountrySpainRegion/StateRiojaTypeRedVarietalTempranillo/Tinta Roriz/Ull de LlebreVintage2015Alcohol13.5%Grape100% Tempranillo
Baron de Ley Varietales Tempranillo Rioja
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsGrifone Sangiovese di Romagna Riserva DOC750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsJuan Gil Monastrell Silver Label750ml$17.99/ea($23.99/l)
- wine&spiritsAmalaya Malbec Blend750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsEl Coto Rioja Crianza750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBarone Cornacchia Montepulciano d' Abruzzo DOC750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsMarqués de Cáceres Rioja Crianza750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)
- wine&spiritsBeronia Rioja Reserva 2011750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- Charlito's CocinaDry Cured Spicy Salami, Salami Picante5oz$12.99/ea($41.57/lb)
- wine&spiritsBadia a Coltibuono Selezione Robert Stucchi Chianti Classico DOCG750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsBodegas Finca Luzon Verde750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsAtlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley750ml$39.99/ea($53.32/l)
- wine&spiritsCasa de la Vega Rueda Verdejo750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)