DescriptionA concentrated, structured Rioja grown at elevation.
Baron de Ley is based in an old historic monastery that dates back to 1548. Their varietal Tempranillo is a 100% Tempranillo made from grapes grown in the Carboneras vineyard — at 850 meters above sea level the highest vineyard in Rioja. The wine is aged for 12 months in American oak casks.
Garnet-red color with violet hues. Intense aromas on the nose, with red-berried fruit, reminders of a baker's shop and vanilla. Meaty and complex on the palate with a touch of acidity to make it feel fresh and to complement the long finish. Enjoy with red meat, tapas, and strong cheeses. (from the distributor)
CountrySpainRegion/StateRiojaTypeRedVarietalTempranillo/Tinta Roriz/Ull de LlebreVintage2015Alcohol13.5%Grape100% Tempranillo
Baron de Ley Varietales Tempranillo Rioja
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsIjalba Organic Rioja Crianza750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsEl Coto Rioja Crianza750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsMarqués de Cáceres Rioja Crianza750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)
- wine&spiritsEvan WilliamsSingle Barrel Vintage Bourbon Whiskey750ml$31.99/ea($42.65/l)
- wine&spiritsDelas St. Esprit Côtes du Rhône Rouge750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
14%Antica Cappella Rosso Toscana IGT750ml$13.99/eaAny 4 Select Wine for $48($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsSampietrana 1952 Brindisi DOP Riserva750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsSella & Mosca Cannonau di Sardegna Riserva DOC750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
10%Badia a Coltibuono Selezione Robert Stucchi Chianti Classico DOCG750ml$17.99/ea