- DescriptionMacRostie has established itself as one of Sonoma Coast's defining wineries. Their Sonoma Coast Charonnay is a blend of Chardonnay from some of Sonoma's best cool-climate vineyards in Carneros, the Russian River valley, and the Petaluma Gap.
The grapes are pressed as whole clusters to keep the wines delicate and bright. A portion of the wine is barrel-fermented and aged on the lees to increase richness and body. Another portion is fermented in stainless steel tanks to bring out the fruit aromatics.
The wine is pale straw gold in color. Lemon peel, green melon rind, and young pineapple aromas introduce this wine to the nose. The palate follows, soft and smooth, with just a touch of lemon pith structure. There is pronounced weight in the mid-palate with a unique mineral personality that will leave you thinking of a fresh lemon infused olive oil. Enjoy with crab, salmon, lobster, or roast chicken. (from MacRostie)
- Alcohol Information
CountryU.S.A.Region/StateCaliforniaSub-RegionSonoma CoastTypeWhiteVarietalChardonnayVintage2014Alcohol14.50%Grape100% Chardonnay
MacRostie Chardonnay Sonoma Coast
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsRombauer Vineyards Chardonnay Carneros750ml$42.99/ea($57.32/l)
- Stonyfield OrganicLowfat Yogurt Smoothie Multipack, Strawberry4ct, 6fl oz ea$4.99/ea($3.33/lb)
- wine&spiritsWölffer Estate Chardonnay750ml$18.99/ea($25.32/l)
- Irving Farm Coffee Roasters71 Irving House Blend Whole Bean Coffee12oz$14.29/ea($19.05/lb)
- Häagen-DazsIce Cream, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough14fl oz$4.99/ea($5.70/lb)
- wine&spiritsBread & Butter Chardonnay750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
- Organic Cauliflowerapprox. 15oz$6.99/ea
- LaCroixSparkling Water, Cran-Raspberry, Cans24ct, 12fl oz ea$11.99/ea($0.67/pt)
- Just FreshDirectFresh-Squeezed Orange Juice, Plastic Bottle32oz$2.99/ea($1.50/pt)