- DescriptionHess Select Chardonnay comes from the Hess family's 352 acre Shirtail Creek estate vineyard. Monterey's cooling fog and Pacific coastal breezes, drawn across the Gabilan Mountains into the Salinas Valley, create an ideal climate for growing Chardonnay, yielding wines with tantalizing tropical notes and crisp acidity. Moderate temperatures lengthen the growing season, allowing fruit to evolve layers of distinct flavors.
This Chardonnay is crisp and clean with bright wonderfully balanced acidity, the signature lemon-lime and a touch of apple flavors of Monterey shine through. The tantalizing tropical notes and crisp acidity with just a bit of toasty oak keep the wine in balance.
The wine's natural acidity complements tangy, spicy foods and shows well with the richness of creamier dishes. It pairs well with Asian chicken salad or grilled albacore tuna with melted anchovy butter and lemon. (from Hess)
- Alcohol Information
Hess Select Chardonnay Monterey
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsOyster Bay Chardonnay750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsCastle Rock Chardonnay Central Coast750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsFess Parker Chardonnay Santa Barbara County750ml$20.99/ea($27.99/l)
- wine&spiritsTito'sHandmade Vodka750ml$23.99/ea($31.99/l)
- Founders Brewing CompanyAll Day IPA, Glass Bottles6ct, 12fl oz ea$12.99/ea($2.89/pt)
- wine&spiritsLouis Jadot Mâcon-Villages Chardonnay750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsJoseph Drouhin Laforet Bourgogne Chardonnay750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBeringer Founders' Estate Chardonnay750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsChâteau St. Jean Chardonnay750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsBogle Chardonnay750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsDamn Good Chardonnay750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsChalk Hill Sonoma Coast Chardonnay750ml$24.99/ea($33.32/l)