- DescriptionPhilippe Pernot's father still runs the famous 17-hectare family domaine in Puligny-Montrachet. Sometime in the future he will inherit his third of the domaine, but for now he is concentrating on the 15 acres of vines that make up Pernot-Belicard, the domaine that came from his marriage to Mademoiselle Belicard.
Her father was more of a fruit grower than winemaker and sold off most of what he produced. In contrast, Philippe is more interested in bottling under his own name and has let contracts with négociants run their course, allowing him to hold onto much more of his fruit.
His first vintage was as recent as 2009, and the quality of wine has progressed with each subsequent vintage. The Vieilles Vignes (old vines) cuvée of Meursault is one of his most famous wines. It is produced from especially old vines (around 70 years old) that provide the wine with plenty of natural stuffing. They mature early so Philippe is able to pick early and preserve freshness which helps give this wine an impressive mix of richness and brightness. The 20% new oak is comfortably integrated into the Chardonnay richness and it finishes with nice bite and long length. (from the vintner)
- Alcohol Information
Pernot Belicard Meursault Vieilles Vignes
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsDomane Wachau Riesling Terrassen Federspiel750ml$23.99/ea($31.99/l)
- wine&spiritsChanning DaughtersRosato di Merlot750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- The LaundressSignature Detergent, Classic33.3fl oz$19/ea($9.13/pt)
- wine&spiritsFlowers Sonoma Coast Chardonnay750ml$49.99/ea($66.65/l)
- wine&spiritsDomaine Jean de Bosmel Chablis750ml$24.99/ea($33.32/l)
- La Casearia CarpenedoBlu 61$37.99/lb
- Irving Farm Coffee RoastersRainforest Foundation Organic Dark Roast Whole Bean Coffee12oz$15.49/ea($20.65/lb)
- wine&spiritsFernand & Laurent Pillot Chassagne Montrachet750ml$49.99/ea($66.65/l)