The Aperitivo Cappelletti, endearingly known to locals as just "Specialino", may be the oldest style of the classic red bitter still in production.
Unlike its larger commercial rivals Campari and Aperol, Cappelletti is less sweet and has a wonderful drying finish. Additionally, it still uses natural carmine color for a crimson red and retains a vinous texture from its wine base. It offers a vibrant and flavorful profile, complemented by bitter undertones on a traditional wine base.
This yields a Negroni or Spritz that is dry and refreshing in the finish. It is made just outside of Trento in Alto Adige by the Cappelletti family, who also produces a number of other exceptional aperitivi and amari. (from the distributor)
Cappelletti Aperitivo Rosso
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsVeneziano Sprizzzissimo750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)
- wine&spiritsMionetto Gold Label Prosecco DOC Treviso Brut (Quarter-bottle)187ml$5.99/ea($32.03/l)
- wine&spiritsContrattoBitter1L (1000ml)$29.99/ea($29.99/l)
- wine&spiritsCocchiAmericano Bianco Aperitif750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsFernand & Laurent Pillot Chassagne Montrachet750ml$49.99/ea($66.65/l)
- wine&spiritsCocchiVermouth di Torino375ml$12.99/ea($34.64/l)
- Small Town BreweryNot Your Father's Root Beer, Glass Bottles6ct, 12fl oz ea$12.99/ea($2.89/pt)
- wine&spiritsMontenegroAmaro Italiano750ml$34.99/ea($46.65/l)
- wine&spiritsPer Ora Prosecco DOC Extra Dry750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)