The Aperitivo Cappelletti, endearingly known to locals as just "Specialino", may be the oldest style of the classic red bitter still in production.
Unlike its larger commercial rivals Campari and Aperol, Cappelletti is less sweet and has a wonderful drying finish. Additionally, it still uses natural carmine color for a crimson red and retains a vinous texture from its wine base. It offers a vibrant and flavorful profile, complemented by bitter undertones on a traditional wine base.
This yields a Negroni or Spritz that is dry and refreshing in the finish. It is made just outside of Trento in Alto Adige by the Cappelletti family, who also produces a number of other exceptional aperitivi and amari. (from the distributor)
- Alcohol Information
Cappelletti Aperitivo Rosso
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsMionetto Gold Label Prosecco DOC Treviso Brut (Quarter-bottle)187ml$5.99/ea($32.03/l)
- VOSSArtesian Water from Norway, Flavored Sparkling Water, Lime Mint, Glass Bottles4ct, 12.7fl oz ea$8.19/ea($2.58/lb)
- VOSSArtesian Water from Norway, Flavored Sparkling Water, Tangerine Lemongrass, Glass Bottles4ct, 12.7fl oz ea$8.19/ea($2.58/lb)
- wine&spiritsFernand & Laurent Pillot Chassagne Montrachet750ml$49.99/ea($66.65/l)
- wine&spiritsCinzanoVermouth Rosso1L (1000ml)$9.99/ea($9.99/l)
- wine&spiritsCocchiVermouth di Torino375ml$12.99/ea($34.64/l)
- wine&spiritsVeuve du Vernay Brut750ml$9.99/ea($13.32/l)