The name "Auvigue" was already a familiar one throughout the vineyards of Beaujolais and Mâconnais as early as 1629, spanning to Chasselas and later onto Fuissé before the family settled in the village of Solutré during the 19th century.
Pouilly-Fuissé Solutré is comprised of a blend of grapes from different vineyard sites in the village of Solutré. The bush vines average 50 years of age and are set in soils of sedimentary rocks that made Pouilly-Fuissé famous the world over.
Auvigue's vineyards are farmed sustainably, using chemicals less often and less aggressively than conventional growers. The Auvigues are non-interventionists and strive to create Chardonnay in its purest form. A decadent golden green color, this Pouilly-Fuissé entices with layers of complexity and delicate aromas of pear and apple. The palate is mineral-driven, full bodied, rich, and round with notes of hazelnut and white flower that intertwine with nuances of flint and slate. Enjoy with quiche, pasta, fish in butter sauce, or scallops and other shellfish.
- Alcohol Information
CountryFranceRegion/StateBurgundySub-RegionPouilly FuisseTypeWhiteVarietalChardonnayVintage2016Alcohol13%Grape100% Chardonnay
Vins Auvigue Pouilly Fuisse Solutré
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsLouis Jadot Pouilly Fuissé750ml$30.99/ea($41.32/l)
- wine&spiritsBillecart-Salmon Champagne Brut Réserve750ml$52.99/ea($70.65/l)
- wine&spiritsOlivier Leflaive Bourgogne Chardonnay "Les Setilles"750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsGabriel Chevalier Pouilly-Fuissé "Vieilles Vignes"750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBastianich Friulano DOC750ml$22.99/ea($30.65/l)
- wine&spiritsDomaine Jean de Bosmel Chablis 1er Cru Vaulignot750ml$34.99/ea($46.65/l)
- wine&spiritsLes Pierres Grises Saint-Véran Chardonnay750ml$17.99/ea($23.99/l)
- wine&spiritsWhispering Angel Côtes de Provence Rosé750ml$25.99/ea($34.65/l)
- wine&spiritsStag's Leap Wine Cellars Karia Chardonnay Napa Valley750ml$34.99/ea($46.65/l)
- wine&spiritsWilliam Fevre Chablis Champs Royaux750ml$25.99/ea($34.65/l)