Jean-Roger Groult is one of the finest distillers in Calvados. His domaine is family owned for eight generations and focused solely on the production of Calvados for five generations.
Groult uses 30 of the 50 varieties of apples allowed in Calvados Pays d'Auge including: Bedan, Noël des Champs (sweet apples), Antoinette, Frequin Rouge (bitter apples), Bisquet, Moulin à Vent (bittersweet apples), Rambaud, Renè Martin (acid apples). Groult's cider ages for a full year before double distillation in traditional copper pot stills. Groult calvados is aged in old Limousin oak barrels via the solera system. The concentration of flavor is so intense that almost 40 pounds of apples are needed to make a single bottle of calvados!
Groult's Reserve is all about pure apple fruit — it may be his simplest expression of 3 to 6-year-old spirit, but it would be wrong to call it entry-level. A pale golden colored spirit with a pronounced tart apple aroma, this young Calvados is appreciated for its great freshness. The mouth is soft and smooth with some hazelnut and a touch of mint in the finish. It is an ideal blend to enjoy as an aperitif — try it with tonic for a refreshing drink — in cocktails or as an after-dinner drink. (from Roger Groult)
CountryFranceRegion/StateNormandyTypeCognac & BrandyAlcohol40%
Roger Groult Calvados Pays d'Auge Reserve
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsEcker Grüner Veltliner1L$14.99/ea($14.99/l)
- wine&spiritsGonzalez Byass Tio Pepe Palomino Fino Muy Seco Sherry750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsPlantation3 Stars Light Rum750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsLustau Amontillado Los Arcos Dry Sherry750ml$17.99/ea($23.99/l)
- wine&spiritsOrnezon Picpoul de Pinet750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsGruet Rosé Sparkling Wine Brut750ml$17.99/ea($23.99/l)
- wine&spiritsRémy MartinV.S.O.P. Cognac750ml$55.99/ea($74.65/l)
- wine&spiritsLustau Fino Jarana Dry Sherry750ml$17.99/ea($23.99/l)