The Macallan brings new oak from America across thousands of miles to Spain, where casks are crafted and sherry seasoned before traveling to our distillery in Speyside, where they are filled and matured for at least 12 years. These whiskies are then harmoniously united with those aged in exceptional sherry seasoned European oak casks.
The delicate flavor of American oak — vanilla, citrus, and light oak — rises in prominence as the traditional Macallan European oak character of dried fruit, sherry, and wood spice affords a familiar back drop. The result is a fresh and approachable style of Macallan, rich in flavor, honeyed, and indulgent, with a full, viscous mouth feel. Suitable for all occasions, Double Cask 12 years old will appeal to existing and new Macallan drinkers alike. (from The Macallan)
The Macallan Double Cask 12 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsThe GlenlivetFrench Oak Reserve 15 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky750ml$94.99/ea($126.65/l)
- wine&spiritsBalvenieCarribbean Cask 14 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky750ml$79.99/ea($106.65/l)
- wine&spiritsOban14 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky750ml$89.99/ea($119.99/l)
- wine&spiritsThe GlenlivetDouble Oak Reserve 12 Year Single Malt Scotch Whiskey750ml$65.99/ea($87.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLaphroaigQuarter Cask Single Malt Scotch Whisky750ml$64.99/ea($86.65/l)