Duckhorn is synonymous with great Merlot. In fact Duckhorn was the first American winery to produce luxury Merlot in 1979.
Duckhorn's Napa Valley Merlot is a complex blend of several individual vineyard lots, incorporating fruit from estate vineyards and from top independent growers throughout the Napa Valley. The final wine is a rich and cohesive expression of the entire Napa Valley, reflecting the varied microclimates and soils of this unique appellation.
Combining lovely structure and alluring appeal, this is a classic expression of Duckhorn Vineyards Merlot. Intense aromas of ripe cherry, plum and black fig rise from the glass, underscored by hints of leather and cedar. On the palate, it is lush and supple, with bright acidity and velvety tannins supporting layers of raspberry and black cherry, as well as hints of coffee and chocolate that carry through on the long finish. Enjoy with meatloaf, classic BBQ Brisket, Parma Ham and Fig Flatbread, and grilled marinated quail. (from the vintner)
CountryU.S.A.Region/StateCaliforniaSub-RegionNapa ValleyTypeRedVarietalMerlot, Petit Verdot, Cabernet FrancVintage2016Alcohol14.5%GrapeMerlot 88%, Cabernet 7%, Petit Verdot 3%, Cabernet Franc 2%
Duckhorn Merlot Napa Valley
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsStag's Leap Wine Cellars Artemis Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley750ml$84.99/ea($113.32/l)
- wine&spiritsJoseph Phelps Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley750ml$79.99/ea($106.65/l)
- wine&spiritsCaymus Napa Cabernet750ml$109.99/ea($146.65/l)
- wine&spiritsFlowers Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir750ml$54.99/ea($73.32/l)
- wine&spiritsJordan Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley750ml$74.99/ea($99.99/l)
- wine&spiritsRuffino Riserva Ducale Oro Chianti Classico Gran Selezione DOCG750ml$39.99/ea($53.32/l)
- wine&spiritsEducated Guess Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley750ml$24.99/ea($33.32/l)
- wine&spiritsRuffino Riserva Ducale Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG750ml$27.99/ea($37.32/l)
- wine&spiritsDuckhorn Decoy Pinot Noir Sonoma County750ml$23.99/ea($31.99/l)