A classic Cabernet from one of the Napa Valley's modern pioneers.
Robert Mondavi established his winery in 1966 and was a key figure in raising the profile of the Napa Valley's wines to stand in the company of the world's finest.
Mondavi Napa Valley Cabernet includes two of the valley's most renowned sub-appellations and vineyards: the historic To Kalon vineyard in Oakville surrounding the winery; and the Wappo Hill Vineyard in the Stag's Leap district. The grapes were hand harvested underwent extended maceration-a total of 25 days of wine to skin contact--maximizing the extraction of varietal character and complexity while keeping the tannins fleshy and supple.
A mouth filling entry of dark berry and black plum fruit is layered with black pepper, dried lavender and herbal complexity, enrobing a firm core of tannins and bright acidity in a wave of deliciously sensual fruit and spice flavors which linger on the richly-textured finish. Serve with lamb, braised meats, game, steak, or blue cheeses. (from the vintner)
CountryU.S.A.Region/StateCaliforniaSub-RegionNapa ValleyTypeRedVarietalCabernet SauvignonVintage2017Alcohol15%GrapeCabernet 86%, Merlot 10%, Petite Verdot 2%, Cabernet Franc 1%
Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsStag's Leap Wine Cellars Artemis Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley750ml$84.99/ea($113.32/l)
- wine&spiritsFrancis Coppola Diamond Collection Claret Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$21.99/ea($29.32/l)
- wine&spiritsRuffino Riserva Ducale Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG750ml$27.99/ea($37.32/l)
- wine&spiritsEducated Guess Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley750ml$24.99/ea($33.32/l)
- wine&spiritsSimi Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley750ml$26.99/ea($35.99/l)