The perfect example of a classic Chablis Premier Cru, Domaine Jean de Bosmel has been producing wine in Chablis since 1814. Through inheritance, the family estate has been joined to that of Louis Moreau, one of Chablis' most talented winemakers. The Vaulignot vineyard's exposure to a relatively cool morning sun ensures its elegance and enhances its minerality and richness drawn from the calcareous and clay subsoil. Louis produces delicious, restrained Chablis that lets the unique minerality of his vineyards shine through.
This premier cru is enhanced by six months aging sur lie. A rich golden-colored wine with green hints, the nose reveals exotic aromas of mint and pineapple. On the mouth, it is full of fresh citrus, tree fruits (white pears and apples), and flint flavors before a very long persistent finish. More concentrated and mineral than the regular Chablis, this is a brilliant food wine — enjoy with chicken, seafood, shellfish, and vegetable dishes. (from the vintner)
Domaine Jean de Bosmel Chablis 1er Cru Vaulignot
Like That? You'll Love This.
- GinjanGinger Juice, Plastic Bottle10fl oz$4.99/ea($7.98/pt)
- wine&spiritsDomaine Jean de Bosmel Chablis Grand Cru Valmur750ml$59.99/ea($79.99/l)
- wine&spiritsWilliam Fevre Chablis Champs Royaux750ml$25.99/ea($34.65/l)
- wine&spiritsDomaine Coillot Pere and Fils Bourgogne Pinot Noir750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsSonoma Cutrer Sonoma Coast Chardonnay750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsOlivier Leflaive Bourgogne Chardonnay "Les Setilles"750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsFernand & Laurent Pillot Chassagne Montrachet750ml$49.99/ea($66.65/l)
- wine&spiritsMarnier-Lapostolle Chateau de Sancerre White750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsDomaine Jean de Bosmel Chablis750ml$24.99/ea($33.32/l)
- FreshDirectWild-Caught Tuna and White Bean Salad5oz$4.29/ea($13.73/lb)
- wine&spiritsNicholas Girard Sancerre750ml$24.99/ea($33.32/l)
- wine&spiritsRombauer Vineyards Chardonnay Carneros750ml$44.99/ea($59.99/l)