DescriptionOwned by the Ybert family for more than four generations, Château Vieille Tour La Rose covers three different appellations: Saint-Emilion Grand Cru, Saint-Emilion and Pomerol. They have succeeded in keeping the Saint-Emilion Grand Cru classification ever since 1987 thanks to their ever keener efforts to achieve consummate quality.
A ruby red colored wine with a finely oaked, spicy bouquet with pleasant red fruit aromas. Nicely balanced on the palate with delicate, well-integrated tannins. This wine expresses all the finesse and elegance of an outstanding terroir. Drinking nicely from 2015 but has fine aging potential of 5-6 years.
The vines grow on the northern slopes of Saint-Emilion in soils of ferruginous sand over a subsoil of clay. The wines are fermented in concrete and stainless steel vats in the traditional way. Château Vieille Tour La Rose is aged in barrels of French oak with one third new oak each season.
CountryFranceRegion/StateBordeauxSub-RegionSaint Emilion Grand CruTypeRedVarietalCabernet Franc, MerlotVintage2015Alcohol13.5%GrapeMerlot 80%, Cabernet Franc 20%
Château Vieille Tour La Rose St. Emilion Grand Cru
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsChâteau le Pavillon de Boyrein750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsLes Collines Châteauneuf-du-Pape750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLes Lauriers de Rothschild Montagne St-Emilion750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsClos Magne Figeac St. Emilion750ml$25.99/ea($34.65/l)
- wine&spiritsChâteau La Menotte Lalande de Pomerol750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsChateau Breillan Haut-Médoc750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)
- wine&spiritsChateau de Cerons Graves Blanc750ml$25.99/ea($34.65/l)
10%Inverness Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley750ml$19.79/ea
- wine&spiritsLe Seuil de Mazeyres Pomerol750ml$32.99/ea($43.99/l)
- wine&spiritsChâteau les Reuilles Rouge Bordeaux750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsCastello di Nipozzano Chianti Rufina Riserva DOCG750ml$23.99/ea($31.99/l)
14%Château Loumelat Bordeaux Cuvèe J.J. Lesgourgues750ml$16.99/eaAny 4 Select Wines for $58($22.65/l)