- DescriptionOwned by the Ybert family for more than four generations, Château Vieille Tour La Rose covers three different appellations: Saint-Emilion Grand Cru, Saint-Emilion and Pomerol. They have succeeded in keeping the Saint-Emilion Grand Cru classification ever since 1987 thanks to their ever keener efforts to achieve consummate quality.
A ruby red colored wine with a finely oaked, spicy bouquet with pleasant red fruit aromas. Nicely balanced on the palate with delicate, well-integrated tannins. This wine expresses all the finesse and elegance of an outstanding terroir. Drinking nicely from 2015 but has fine aging potential of 5-6 years.
The vines grow on the northern slopes of Saint-Emilion in soils of ferruginous sand over a subsoil of clay. The wines are fermented in concrete and stainless steel vats in the traditional way. Château Vieille Tour La Rose is aged in barrels of French oak with one third new oak each season.
- Alcohol Information
CountryFranceRegion/StateBordeauxSub-RegionSaint Emilion Grand CruTypeRedVarietalCabernet Franc, MerlotVintage2015Alcohol13.5%GrapeMerlot 80%, Cabernet Franc 20%
Château Vieille Tour La Rose St. Emilion Grand Cru
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsChâteau Loumelat Bordeaux Cuvèe J.J. Lesgourgues750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
- wine&spiritsChâteau le Pavillon de Boyrein750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsClos Magne Figeac St. Emilion750ml$25.99/ea($34.65/l)
- wine&spiritsChâteau La Menotte Lalande de Pomerol750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Aurora Dolcetto D'Alba750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLes Collines Châteauneuf-du-Pape750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsChateau Breillan Haut-Médoc750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLes Lauriers de Rothschild Montagne St-Emilion750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsRidge "Three Valleys" Zinfandel750ml$33.99/ea($45.32/l)
8%Domaine Jean de Bosmel Chablis750ml$22.99/ea
- wine&spiritsLe Seuil de Mazeyres Pomerol750ml$32.99/ea($43.99/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Antinori Toscana Red IGT750ml$21.99/ea($29.32/l)