DescriptionOwned by the Ybert family for more than four generations, Château Vieille Tour La Rose covers three different appellations: Saint-Emilion Grand Cru, Saint-Emilion and Pomerol. They have succeeded in keeping the Saint-Emilion Grand Cru classification ever since 1987 thanks to their ever keener efforts to achieve consummate quality.
A ruby red colored wine with a finely oaked, spicy bouquet with pleasant red fruit aromas. Nicely balanced on the palate with delicate, well-integrated tannins. This wine expresses all the finesse and elegance of an outstanding terroir. Drinking nicely from 2015 but has fine aging potential of 5-6 years.
The vines grow on the northern slopes of Saint-Emilion in soils of ferruginous sand over a subsoil of clay. The wines are fermented in concrete and stainless steel vats in the traditional way. Château Vieille Tour La Rose is aged in barrels of French oak with one third new oak each season.
CountryFranceRegion/StateBordeauxSub-RegionSaint Emilion Grand CruTypeRedVarietalCabernet Franc, MerlotVintage2015Alcohol13.5%GrapeMerlot 80%, Cabernet Franc 20%
Château Vieille Tour La Rose St. Emilion Grand Cru
Like That? You'll Love This.
10%Les Collines Châteauneuf-du-Pape750ml$26.99/ea
- wine&spiritsVilla Antinori Toscana Red IGT750ml$21.99/ea($29.32/l)
- wine&spiritsClos Magne Figeac St. Emilion750ml$25.99/ea($34.65/l)
- wine&spiritsChateau Breillan Haut-Médoc750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)
- wine&spiritsInverness Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley750ml$24.99/ea($33.32/l)
20%Famille Carlin Sancerre750ml$22.49/ea
$24.99Any 2 Select Wines for $40($29.99/l)
- wine&spiritsChâteau La Menotte Lalande de Pomerol750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsLa Reserve d'Angludet Margaux750ml$34.99/ea($46.65/l)
10%Les Lauriers de Rothschild Montagne St-Emilion750ml$26.99/ea
- wine&spiritsChâteau le Pavillon de Boyrein750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsMoulin de Duhart Pauillac750ml$59.99/ea($79.99/l)
- wine&spiritsChâteau Loumelat Bordeaux Cuvèe J.J. Lesgourgues750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)