A vibrant, elegant Pinot Noir from New Zealand with lifted red berry and spice aromas and flavors and a generous, fleshy palate complemented by fine tannins.
Matahiwi's Phoenix symbolizes the rebirth of winemaking in Wairarapa. The site, recognized as ideal for grape-growing by early settlers, has seen a renaissance over the past 20 years. The long, dry summers with warm days and cool nights are ideal conditions for ripening Pinot Noir.
A medium cherry colored wine with ripe plum and spice aromas. The spiced plum notes continue across the palate where they are complemented by ripe cherry, herb, and other dark red fruit flavors. This mouth-filling red has a lengthy finish with fine tannins and just a hint of toasty oak. Enjoy with fattier fish (tuna and salmon), roast duck, mushroom, and chicken dishes. (from the vintner)
CountryNew ZealandRegion/StateWairarapaTypeRedVarietalPinot NoirVintage2016Alcohol13.5%Grape100% Pinot Noir
Matahiwi Estate Pinot Noir
Like That? You'll Love This.
16%Pinkscape Côtes de Provence Rosé750ml$15.99/ea
$17.99Any 2 Select Wines for $30($21.32/l)
- wine&spiritsConstantia Uitsig Sauvignon Blanc750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsCloudline Oregon Pinot Noir750ml$21.99/ea($29.32/l)
- wine&spiritsMaison Champy Bourgogne Pinot Noir750ml$24.99/ea($33.32/l)
10%Luminis Perdriel Malbec750ml$20.69/ea
- wine&spiritsDomaine de Montroy Bourgogne Pinot Noir750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
- wine&spiritsPrimarius Pinot Noir Oregon750ml$17.99/ea($23.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBadia a Coltibuono Selezione Robert Stucchi Chianti Classico DOCG750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsSean Minor 4B Cabernet Sauvignon Paso Robles750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
- wine&spiritsMatahiwi Estate Sauvignon Blanc750ml$16.99/ea($22.65/l)
11%Marchesi Biscardo Corvina dell Provincia di Verona IGT750ml$16.99/eaAny 2 Select Wines for $30($22.65/l)
- wine&spiritsBeronia Rioja Reserva 2011750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)