Le Quattro Terre is Tenuta La Meridiana's everyday Barbera d'Asti. Grown in the Monferrato hills, this area produces the most sought-after Barbera in all of Italy.
The 4th generation owner and winemaker Gianpiero Bianco is famous for his award-winning single-vineyard Barberas, but he derives particular delight from crafting and enjoying this wine. Gianpiero christened this wine Le Quattro Terre, the four soils, because the grapes come from plots on the four different soil types on the estate. He says, "This wine is a textbook Barbera, because it shows exactly what a real Barbera d'Asti docg is. Its soul combines the character given by sand, clay, limestone, and tuffa."
A ruby-red colored wine with purple highlights. The nose has delicate but intense aromas of violets, cherries, and other fresh red fruits. An easy-drinking medium-bodied red packed with fruit and soft tannins. The perfect companion to everyday Italian fare like pizza and pasta, but also a great partner with burgers, BBQ, and mature cheeses. (from the vintner)
La Meridiana Barbera d'Asti DOCG Le Quattro Terre
Like That? You'll Love This.
17%Domaine de Montroy Bourgogne Pinot Noir750ml$15.29/ea
$16.99Any 2 Select Wines for $28($20.39/l)
- wine&spiritsDamn Good Cabernet750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
15%Villa Aurora Langhe Arneis750ml$13.49/ea
$14.99Any 3 Select Wines for $37.98($17.99/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Aurora Barolo750ml$29.99/ea($39.99/l)
- wine&spiritsVilladoria "Bricco Magno" Langhe Nebbiolo DOC750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsCasal de Ventozela Vinho Verde Rosé750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
15%Grifone Sangiovese di Romagna Riserva DOC750ml$11.69/ea
$12.99Any 3 Select Wines for $33($15.59/l)
- wine&spiritsSan Matteo Gavi DOCG750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsSampietrana 1952 Brindisi DOP Riserva750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsImpello Zinfandel Paso Robles750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsGrapesmith & Crusher Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLeda Truffle Hunter Barbera d'Asti DOCG750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)