Le Quattro Terre is Tenuta La Meridiana's everyday Barbera d'Asti. Grown in the Monferrato hills, this area produces the most sought-after Barbera in all of Italy.
The 4th generation owner and winemaker Gianpiero Bianco is famous for his award-winning single-vineyard Barberas, but he derives particular delight from crafting and enjoying this wine. Gianpiero christened this wine Le Quattro Terre, the four soils, because the grapes come from plots on the four different soil types on the estate. He says, "This wine is a textbook Barbera, because it shows exactly what a real Barbera d'Asti docg is. Its soul combines the character given by sand, clay, limestone, and tuffa."
A ruby-red colored wine with purple highlights. The nose has delicate but intense aromas of violets, cherries, and other fresh red fruits. An easy-drinking medium-bodied red packed with fruit and soft tannins. The perfect companion to everyday Italian fare like pizza and pasta, but also a great partner with burgers, BBQ, and mature cheeses. (from the vintner)
- Alcohol Information
La Meridiana Barbera d'Asti DOCG Le Quattro Terre
Like That? You'll Love This.
20%Damn Good Cabernet750ml$12.99/ea
$14.99Any 3 Select Wines for $36($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsGrapesmith & Crusher Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
20%Impello Zinfandel Paso Robles750ml$14.99/eaAny 3 Select Wines for $36($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsSampietrana 1952 Brindisi DOP Riserva750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBeronia Rioja Reserva 2011750ml$19.99/ea($26.65/l)
- wine&spiritsNight Guardian Nocturnal Red Blend750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsMontgras Reserva Carmenère750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Rosa Barolo DOCG750ml$27.99/ea($37.32/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Aurora Langhe Arneis750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsCrucible Paso Robles Red Blend750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsMayfly Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsGrifone Sangiovese di Romagna Riserva DOC750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)