Barbera is the most popular grape variety in northeastern Italy's Piedmont region, but its finest expressions come from the area around Asti and Monferrato.
The Villa Aurora wines are produced by Roberto Sarotto, a small family producer. His Barbera is dark ruby red in color with slight violet tints. It has a cherry plum nose with a touch of leaf and blackberry. On the palate, it is a very smooth and balanced wine, with a touch of acidity that gives this Barbera a fresh, lively character. This medium bodied, fruity, and slightly spicy wine is a very versatile pairing with all pasta and risotto dishes as well as beef, game, cured meats, and salami. Also excellent with spicy food.
- Alcohol Information
Villa Aurora Barbera D'Asti
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsDelas St. Esprit Côtes du Rhône Rouge750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsQuerceto Chianti DOCG750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsShock Wave Sauvignon Blanc750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsChâteau Haut Pasquet Bordeaux Blanc750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
8%Pearlstone Chenin Blanc750ml$11.99/eaAny 4 Select Wine for $44($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLa Tour D'Arche Bordeaux Supérieur750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
9%de Alto Amo Rioja750ml$10.99/eaAny 4 Staff Picks for $40($14.65/l)
- wine&spiritsShock Wave Malbec750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsFeudo di San Nicola Sangiovese IGT750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsWHITE by W California White Wine750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsMarquis de la Tour Brut750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLinton Park Chardonnay750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)