Barbera is the most popular grape variety in northeastern Italy's Piedmont region, but its finest expressions come from the area around Asti and Monferrato.
The Villa Aurora wines are produced by Roberto Sarotto, a small family producer. His Barbera is dark ruby red in color with slight violet tints. It has a cherry plum nose with a touch of leaf and blackberry. On the palate, it is a very smooth and balanced wine, with a touch of acidity that gives this Barbera a fresh, lively character. This medium bodied, fruity, and slightly spicy wine is a very versatile pairing with all pasta and risotto dishes as well as beef, game, cured meats, and salami. Also excellent with spicy food.
- Alcohol Information
Villa Aurora Barbera D'Asti
Like That? You'll Love This.
16%Le Bon Goût Rustic Red Syrah Blend750ml$10.79/ea
$11.99Any 3 Staff Picks for $30($14.39/l)
- wine&spiritsLa Tour D'Arche Bordeaux Supérieur750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsAntica Cappella Rosso Toscana IGT750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
33%Pearlstone Chenin Blanc750ml$10.79/ea
$11.99Any 3 Select Wines for $24($14.39/l)
15%Feudo di San Nicola Sangiovese IGT750ml$11.69/ea
$12.99Any 3 Select Wines for $33($15.59/l)
- wine&spiritsJe M'Appelle Colette Sauvignon Blanc750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Aurora Dolcetto D'Alba750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
10%Le Vaux Saint Georges Touraine Gamay750ml$11.69/ea
- wine&spiritsShock Wave Sauvignon Blanc750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spirits14° Secolo Chianti DOCG750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsAllegrini Palazzo della Torre IGT750ml$25.99/ea($34.65/l)
14%Je M'Appelle Maxime Coteaux Bourguignons Rouge750ml$12.59/ea
$13.99Any 3 Select Wines for $36($16.79/l)