Barbera is the most popular grape variety in northeastern Italy's Piedmont region, but its finest expressions come from the area around Asti and Monferrato.
The Villa Aurora wines are produced by Roberto Sarotto, a small family producer. His Barbera is dark ruby red in color with slight violet tints. It has a cherry plum nose with a touch of leaf and blackberry. On the palate, it is a very smooth and balanced wine, with a touch of acidity that gives this Barbera a fresh, lively character. This medium bodied, fruity, and slightly spicy wine is a very versatile pairing with all pasta and risotto dishes as well as beef, game, cured meats, and salami. Also excellent with spicy food.
Villa Aurora Barbera D'Asti
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsBernard Chamfort Côtes du Rhône750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsSampietrana 1952 Brindisi DOP Riserva750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLa Tour D'Arche Bordeaux Supérieur750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Aurora Dolcetto D'Alba750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsde Alto Amo Rioja750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsVivaldi Passatempo Rosso Veneto IGT750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
15%Shock Wave Malbec750ml$11.69/ea
$12.99Any 3 Select Wines for $33($15.59/l)
- wine&spiritsLeda Truffle Hunter Barbera d'Asti DOCG750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsPearlstone Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLe Vaux Saint Georges Touraine Gamay750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLe Bon Goût Rustic Red Syrah Blend750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsFeudo di San Nicola Sangiovese IGT750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)