Barbera is the most popular grape variety in northeastern Italy's Piedmont region, but its finest expressions come from the area around Asti and Monferrato.
The Villa Aurora wines are produced by Roberto Sarotto, a small family producer. His Barbera is dark ruby red in color with slight violet tints. It has a cherry plum nose with a touch of leaf and blackberry. On the palate, it is a very smooth and balanced wine, with a touch of acidity that gives this Barbera a fresh, lively character. This medium bodied, fruity, and slightly spicy wine is a very versatile pairing with all pasta and risotto dishes as well as beef, game, cured meats, and salami. Also excellent with spicy food.
Villa Aurora Barbera D'Asti
Like That? You'll Love This.
16%Pearlstone Chenin Blanc750ml$11.99/eaAny 4 Select Wines for $40($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsVilla Aurora Dolcetto D'Alba750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsFeudo di San Nicola Sangiovese IGT750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsBolla Valpolicella DOC750ml$10.99/ea($14.65/l)
16%Vivaldi Passatempo Rosso Veneto IGT750ml$11.99/eaAny 4 Select Wines for $40($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLes Hauts de Bel Air Bordeaux Sauvignon Blanc750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLa Meridiana Barbera d'Asti DOCG Le Quattro Terre750ml$15.99/ea($21.32/l)
15%Bernard Chamfort Côtes du Rhône750ml$12.99/eaAny 4 Select Wines for $44($17.32/l)
15%Shock Wave Malbec750ml$12.99/eaAny 4 Select Wines for $44($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLe Vaux Saint Georges Touraine Gamay750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsLa Vieille Ferme Red750ml$10.99/ea($14.65/l)
- wine&spiritsJe M'Appelle Maxime Coteaux Bourguignons Rouge750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)