Barbera is the most popular grape variety in northeastern Italy's Piedmont region, but its finest expressions come from the area around Asti and Monferrato.
The Villa Aurora wines are produced by Roberto Sarotto, a small family producer. His Barbera is dark ruby red in color with slight violet tints. It has a cherry plum nose with a touch of leaf and blackberry. On the palate, it is a very smooth and balanced wine, with a touch of acidity that gives this Barbera a fresh, lively character. This medium bodied, fruity, and slightly spicy wine is a very versatile pairing with all pasta and risotto dishes as well as beef, game, cured meats, and salami. Also excellent with spicy food.
Villa Aurora Barbera D'Asti
Like That? You'll Love This.
- wine&spiritsGosford Reserve Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLa Mura Organic Nero d'Avola750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsVivaldi Passatempo Rosso Veneto IGT750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
14%Château Les Martins Côtes de Bordeaux Rouge750ml$11.99/eaAny 4 Select Wines for $41($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLe Bon Goût Crisp White Blend750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLe Vaux Saint Georges Touraine Gamay750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsLeda Truffle Hunter Barbera d'Asti DOCG750ml$13.99/ea($18.65/l)
- wine&spiritsTenuta Curezza Nerosso Salento IGT750ml$14.99/ea($19.99/l)
- wine&spiritsde Alto Amo Rioja750ml$12.99/ea($17.32/l)
- wine&spiritsMarqués de Requena M Cava Brut750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsSan Osvaldo Pinot Grigio DOP750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)
- wine&spiritsBolla Valpolicella DOC750ml$11.99/ea($15.99/l)